Lamb Chops USA Style

Lots of people have been saying they like it more medium or medium-rare.(even the poster!) But They weren't lamb LOIN chops, they were shoulder or blade chops. Which means they are MUCH better cooked through, where they become much more tender. I grew up in St. Louis, MO, where pork shoulder chops or "steaks" as we call them are huge(everyone eats them), and this is EXACTLY how we cook them! They are so good! So if you really want to brand this lamb preparation with a region, you should call them St. Louis Lamb Steaks! And I really want to eat them!

Good looking Vittles there, Bill. I think Vittles is pretty much American slang, but I am probably wrong...

I love lamb and that looks really good, even with the sauce. I am not a big saucer and would rather put a dish of warm sauce/s on the table as an option for people. That said, when my wife grills chicken on the gasser, she slathers them at the end with sauce.

You even paid homage to to a USA Vice President by making "potatoe" salad. :becky:

It sounds like I do BBQ chicken Aussie, style, because I don't generally use sauce, and when I do, it is in moderation.

CD

You even paid homage to to a USA Vice President by making "potatoe" salad. :becky:

It sounds like I do BBQ chicken Aussie, style, because I don't generally use sauce, and when I do, it is in moderation.

CD

Ditto right down the line. I laughed when I saw potatoe, and looked around to see if Quayle wasn't somewhere in this thread. :eusa_clap

Actually, I learned how to cook chops from YOU Bill. :becky: Still though, what's this "sauce" of which you speak? (Said the dry-rub guy...)

That's it Guerry. I'm learning enough regionalism to know these chops would not be a big hit in Memphis, but would probably do OK in St. Louis!...

I've been saucing my chicken too lately (no posts on that) just to try the method out. Do ya think that would get me run outta town???

Cheers!

Bill

Now that's an Idea... You know you're not as du.... err nevermind...:becky:

Last edited:
Back