L-P-Que Bbq Championship-$75,000.00

Point was Eggs Only!

Sean the contest you spoke of can be sanctioned. Not KCBS's job to hunt for them, organize one and take it to them. Also organizers didnt just make there own rules and go to KCBS. Competitor Series was announced at the Banquet!
Arlie

Sean
The LP contest the modifiations to the rules will simply be what is legal to cook and hold food on and garnish (none allowed).

If we are going to do another type of cooking contest we can adapted the rules to fit the organizers needs. The organizer will come to KCBS with santioning needs and we will with the organizer develope rules to fit their needs. As time goes on and we have more contest of a certain type then the rules could be standardize.

KCBS did not go hunting for a LP contest, Arlie brought the contest to KCBS and we had a work around to be able to help out the customer.

Jim

arlieque said:
Not KCBS's job to hunt for them

jminion said:
As time goes on and we have more contest of a certain type then the rules could be standardize.

KCBS did not go hunting for a LP contest, Arlie brought the contest to KCBS

Arlie & Jim,

I think that what you both just said sums up my argument. You both are explaining how the KCBS is entertaining different ideas from different sources, whereas I am would have prefered that the ideas been standardized and then presented for people to organize.

For the record I think that this whole thing is very much a chicken or egg type of discussion. You both are explaining how the KCBS is entertaining different ideas from different sources, whereas I am would have prefered that the ideas been standardized and then presented for people to organize.

I think that all three of us are in agreement that the more people that the organization can reach the stronger it will be. This surely is an exciting time to be involved.

Also this being the off season here in the wintry Northeast, I am sure that much better ideas will surface once we start debating this where it should be debated, late night round a fire! (smart juice optional but encouraged)
:p

Sean as far as the judges are concerned if it is a BBQ competition nothing changes. The cooks will be cooking on equipement as allowed and it can be garnish or no garnish as the organizer permits. We are not talking about major changes to the rules excepted as outlined.

If we are talking other types of food contest the format may need to be writen.

Jim

So........

KCBS will be sanctioning a chili contest at GuitarBeQue!!!

Right Arlie?????

Oh Master ,

If you want a chili cookoff all you have to do is bring me a sponsor and we are set. You want to sponsor it?

Arlie

mmmmmmm chili!

Jim,

The more I think about the whole thing I think what you just said about judges may be the biggest thing that the KCBS has to offer a prospective organizer...an available pool of trained and certified judges.

Boy thats a great way for any contest to gain instant credibility, especially in an emerging market area where there may not be any.

arlieque said:
Sean, you should come out and judge. Bet you would see a well run contest and get to judge some good que!

Entry form is on my site.....www.arlieque.com
Thanks for the invite, but I dont think that I will be able to make that one. Might be able to make the Guitarbeque in Asbury Park though. I am scheduled to cater a party that weekend but we will have to see, would really like to be there.

Thank You!

BBQchef33 said:
So........

KCBS will be sanctioning a chili contest at GuitarBeQue!!!

Right Arlie?????

I AM a chili purist. If this happens it might be a good idea if I stay home:lol: :cool:

Muzzlebrake said:
judges may be the biggest thing that the KCBS has to offer a prospective organizer...an available pool of trained and certified judges.

Without coolers of course. :twisted: What a bunch of fickle farkers we are (not you Muzz specifically, but KCBS'ers as a whole) to place great value on judges, only to put the smack down on them when they want to bring home leftovers.

The problem with societies (KCBS as an example) is mob mentality. 10% of judges are there for the leftovers and do a half arse job of judging... well, fark all judges... no more coolers! One lone contest out of hundreds wants to add a twist to their contest by specifying the type of cooker... well, fark that... NO GAS!!

I've been back to reading ANOTHER forum, and I just couldn't take it anymore. At least folks here talk about food MOST of the time. I don't know why I keep opening these threads only to be saddened by the protectionist, scarcity mentality around change. I am encouraged by the people who have worked through these questions in an open minded, productive way.

Oh, and its the cook AND the cooker.

I'll go to my room now. :icon_blush:

JohnMcD348 said:
So what kind of beans do you put in your chili:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You may execute your E&E plan now.:twisted:

Back