Knives

nmayeux said:
Jeff,
I use an electric knife to filet fish, but I don't trust myself with it during a competition. As quick as that thing cuts, I could mess up a couple of days work in a hurry! I'm sure it would just take practice, as I am very comfortable with using it with fish.

You'd probably be fine with it, Noah, especially given your comfort level with the electric knife on fish. I'm the same way... used it a LOT for filleting fish and I'm sure I just got comfortable enough that using it on ribs and brisket seemed no big deal. Of course I also practiced a lot with it on ribs and brisket at home before I ever showed up at the AR with it.

Wayne said:
You should look for a Japanese set made by Hattori Hanzo. Of course you may have to go to Japan to buy them. You can find information about Hattori Hanzo if you google him.

Hahahahaha

I love Global Knives. I use mainly the 7" Veg Knife (G5) for most thing's but when carving I use the G8 and the G13.

Attachments

• VegKnifeG5.jpg
    VegKnifeG5.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 96
  • CarvingG8.jpg
    CarvingG8.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 96
  • ForkG13.jpg
    ForkG13.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 96
Wayne said:
You should look for a Japanese set made by Hattori Hanzo. Of course you may have to go to Japan to buy them. You can find information about Hattori Hanzo if you google him.
Is this the guy that made the Bride's sword? :-D

"few small knicks in the blade" - I'd avoid

You really should go to your local store and touch, feel and caress your knife - then you'll know if she's right for you!!! :tongue:

At $81 I would go with a Henkels Profesional S series or Wustoff knife. They are some of the finest knives in the world. You could get a Henckels Professional S 7" Santoku for $89 from Amazon and the knife is brand new and in perfect shape.

Didn't have a chance to go into the story behind this last week lot's of broken radio. Anyhow wife saw it on Ebay with time about up on the auction her and two other guys. She outbid one guy by $0.88 to win the auction. He emails her and says fark you. She emails him back and says I will take $150 for it the retail value. He replies and says Ha HA but you got one hell of a buy. This was last Thursday. Then the sumbitch emails het this AM and offers $120 for it. We paid $80.88. What do you all think we should do ?

brdbbq said:
Didn't have a chance to go into the story behind this last week lot's of broken radio. Anyhow wife saw it on Ebay with time about up on the auction her and two other guys. She outbid one guy by $0.88 to win the auction. He emails her and says fark you. She emails him back and says I will take $150 for it the retail value. He replies and says Ha HA but you got one hell of a buy. This was last Thursday. Then the sumbitch emails het this AM and offers $120 for it. We paid $80.88. What do you all think we should do ?

I'd email him back and tell him to fark off.

BrooklynQ said:
I'd email him back and tell him to fark off.

I'm with Rob.... But I'd make SURE to use the CORRECT street spelling of fark.

Back