KitchenAid Pro 600?

Picked up one for the wife two years ago for christmas, Deep red color. Think I got it for around $240.00 as a factory refurb. Works like a charm. Be warned though. Once you buy it, the attachments are very tempting, such as the meat grinder. :becky:

Pretty sure I got a video showing it somewhere, if I think of the site I found it, I'll pass it on.

I have the meat grinder. I love it.

CD

Casey, how much meat can you get through the grinder before it starts laking the lubricant grease for the copper bushing, or t gets to warm and starts turning the meat mushy?

We got a 600 Pro from Amazon a couple Christmases ago and absolutely LOVE it.

The wife just bought this book a few weeks ago and life has been grand around here lately.

You NEED to keep an eye on www.slickdeals.net
I got my kitchenaid mixer for -$60... yeah I MADE money on the deal :) They were discontinuing a color and had them on sale for $55 at Kohls SO I bought two and sold the other for a VERY reasonable price.

Those mixers go on sale all the time if you are willing to wait (maybe not for $55 but still!!)

Also the 600 is a very nice model but really the home user wont need that much power so it boils down to a 6 quart bowl like someone previously mentioned.

I found a 5qt refurb for $149
http://www.kitchencollection.com/Te...m?searched=5qtref&Aff=KCIEMAIL-231&Email=231&

http://slickdeals.net/sdsearch.php?forumchoice[]=9&search=kitchenaid&mode=forum&showposts=0&sdsearch_archive=0&firstpost=1
Check out those links. On the 24th of this month the pro 600 was $183shipped from Kohls

SO like I said if you can wait it might be worth your while

www.Slickdeals.net saves me so much money but the deals are so stunning that i spend too much!! but I digress.....

Casey, how much meat can you get through the grinder before it starts laking the lubricant grease for the copper bushing, or t gets to warm and starts turning the meat mushy?

I've done 20-30 lbs. with a 300 watt version, with none of those problems. I just make sure the meat is cold, and cut into strips the grinder can handle.

It's not as fast as the $500, 1 hp, Cabela's grinder a buddy has, but he can't whip potatoes on the grinder either:wink:

I agree with the potatos comment, I have the Pro 600 model myself. Mainly because it handles bread making a lot better than the Artisan one we had. But I have had a lot of problems with using the grinder attachment leaking it's impregnated oil within 30 second of using it right out of the freezer. I've done every thing Kitchen Aid has advised and still had issues.

Thanx for all the replies, the wife is digesting it all. She wants the 600 for the more powerful motor. Meat grinding is in her future :-D!!! Wow that pasta rolling attachment ain't cheap!!!

Have you considered any other mixers? Kitchen aid mixers have been taking a pretty hard beating the last couple of years. They just aren't made the way they used to be. I have also been looking around at mixers the last couple of weeks. I have recently been checking into this one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000MTIUSS
I will admit, I am somewhat hesitant as the kitchaid has been the mixer of choice for generations. But that seems to have changed over the last few years. Lots of complaints about the motors, plastic gears, oil dripping into the mixing bowl, horrible grinding noises, and warranty issues. But I may just be willing to step out on a limb on this one. I want a qood quality, lasting mixer. Not the status quo. Might be worth you checking into more as I have been...

I haven't done any research on these recently. But I thought that they'd done a run with plastic gears that were a problem. Thought they'd gone back to metal gears as a result of all the problems, but maybe that's just on the more-expensive ones. My Mom's on her 2nd in ~30 years, and I've had mine for about 13. Doesn't get tons of use but it does the trick.

My understanding was that the gearbox case was plastic and it was cracking and allowing the metal gears to slip, and that they switched back to a metal case. When I bought one for myself, uhh I mean, my wife for our wedding anniversary this year, I read until my head exploded. I ended up getting the Kitchenaid Pro 600. I like it for bread. We haven't had any major issues, although honestly we don't need a 6 quart bowl.

Back