THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarbonToe said:
I've one of those, when blitzing a soup last month it shed one of the plastic teeth off the 'cog' in the base...
Which one do you have CT, the Kitchen Aid or the Braun that I mentioned?

I take Consumer Reports reviews with a grain of salt. I have bought products which were top rated by Consumer Reports only to find out they were junk. I can see them rating the Braun higher, because the price is so much cheaper. What I like about Kitchenaid products is everyone I've spoken to who needed warranty work was well taken care of and they generally stock a full complement of replacement parts if you ever need them. If I was looking at paying full price for the Kitchenaid vs paying full price for the Braun, I would probably buy the Braun for the simple reason you can buy 2-3 of them for the price of 1 Kitchenaid. Actual users on epinions seem to rate the Kitchenaid much higher, from what seems like support issues on the Braun.
http://www.epinions.com/Kitchenaid_5_Speed_Ultra_Power_Blender_KSB5_Small_Appliances/display_~reviews/sec_~opinion_list/pp_~2#list

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Small_Appliances-All-Braun_PowerMax_Jug_Blender_MX2050/display_~reviews

Good links Tony, I like epinions too. Wasn't trying to say the KA wasn't a good choice, just passing on something I found with my subscription to CR. Personally, I reserve the final judgement of anything I buy for myself no matter how highly it's rated.

I had the Braun that CR likes so well; it didn't last, though it had a good motor and had some nice design features. The teeth broke due to poor quality components.

Just trying to pass on good deals here. I think the commercial grade blenders are probably the best. But at $40 they can't last forever.

CarbonToe said:
The Kitchen Aid one, it's a cracking blender though, I just wish I could get a replacement cog!

I did the same thing to mine and got a replacement cog from the parts center on Sears.com, but they must have parts suppliers in the UK that carry it. It was about US$5 and was fairly easy to get on. I found a step-by-step instructional on some web forum. I'll try to fdind it for you. Pretty common problem.

KitchenAid blender rubber clutch coupling 9704230
9704230.jpg

ordered one tonight in metallic. while i was there i bought the slide aside for the weber kettle and the weber work table along with Peace Love and BBQ book. signed up for amazon prime got free 2 day shipping. just gotta remind myself to cancel amazon prime before they ring me for 80 bucks a year.

Back