THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The coupon says save $6 on the other white meat so are you saving $6 dollars on Kingsford or on pork products?

aqua this has been discussed a million times (you may have missed it) in previous threads back in the spring. No you don't have to by pork. Nowhere on there does it say you do. The Other White Meat is a slogan from the 80's to promote pork sales. Google The Other White Meat then print what you find and bring it with you just so you'll have ammo if someone gives ya trouble.

Just went to Wally World and picked up two more. So it's still working. Stock up for next season while you can. Charcoal was $7.50 and sweet relish was $1.00 that's $17.00 for a total of $5.00.

I buy a $1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch powder, and cash in on the coupon.

Thanks for posting again. Although I'm not a Kingsford fan, I like getting a 15lb bag for $1.50.

There are no purchase requirements, just read the coupon.

The coupon says "when you buy any 13.5 lb or larger Kingsford... and (1) of the following brands..."

I'm not complaing, if I can just use it straight up at Lowes I'm all over it.

I have used it at Home Depot, WalMart, and Kroger's and I only bought charcoal. At all three places I used the self checkout but the coupon wouldn't scan. In each case the clerk came over and scanned it with their portable scanner and said to have a nice day. They looked at it but it is such a confusinng coupon they were only concerned that i was buying the kingsford brand and didn't care I didn't buy anything else.

I bought 54 bags when I could get it for $5.00 a bag back in the spring. Back then I was paying 42 cents for bbq sauce and a 18 lbs. bag of charcoal. Since then it's back to $7.50 a bag plus the relish so $2.50 is still good. My wife thinks I hoard the stuff but I told her I had 54 and over the summer it's down to 18 bags so I'm gonna fill the garage again. What the hell for that price why not.

Just went to Wally World and picked up two more. So it's still working. Stock up for next season while you can. Charcoal was $7.50 and sweet relish was $1.00 that's $17.00 for a total of $5.00.

If you go through self check , You Dont have to purchase any thing with the coal. 2 bags at a time cause if you tell it dont want to bag 3 the employee has to key it in. Just 2 bags at a time and you never have to have employee interaction.

Dan

Got another bag at walmart yesterday. They scratch their head, I try to explain, it doesnt scan, they scratch there head more, people behind you are tapping their foot. It has sucked everytime Ive done it. Even at self checkout at Krogers.

Basically they argue until you convince them to just scan it. Once they scan it and it goes through, they dont seem to care.

One thing is about this is when you use it your not doing anything wrong. When I first used them it made me feel like how am I getting away with this. THEN I had someone confront me telling me how Walley World doesn't sell pork (as I'm standing in front of bacon) and I couldn't use it. Well after shopping and purchasing a ton of these I figured I would look into this Other White Meat thing. Finding that it was a slogan. I went back and confronted the store manager and he said I could use all I wanted and told the front end people to not hassle anyone that uses these coupons.

Got another bag at walmart yesterday. They scratch their head, I try to explain, it doesnt scan, they scratch there head more, people behind you are tapping their foot. It has sucked everytime Ive done it. Even at self checkout at Krogers.

Basically they argue until you convince them to just scan it. Once they scan it and it goes through, they dont seem to care.

I have found that it won't scan because you are trying to scan the whole bar code. The clerk at the self chechout held her hand over half(can't remember which half right now) of the coupon and it went through. Her comment.....WOW $6.00 with a question in her voice and turned and walked back to her station. This was at a Super Wally World.

Try covering half of the coupon if it doesn't work.

Paul B

Back