Kingsford Comp Rules

I know of a team whose name rhymes with Luau that has the resources and cookers to legitimately do all these contests. I have heard its pretty easy to run a Jambo on charcoal, which might put somebody like Mike Davis there as well. If they do, it will be virtually impossible to catch up with them without doing at least 10 or so and doing well.

Funny, those were the two team I thought about after I posted this! One more twist to watch this year, it should be interesting:-D

:shock: Clear as mud. I like this:

At the conclusion of each Regional Event, 1st Place Competition Winners/Teams in the ‘overall’ category (each a “Regional Champion”) who competed in at least two (2) categories, and who used Kingsford Charcoal to comprise 75% of their fuel source during competition cooking (use of Kingsford a requirement for all except residents/participants in AZ, CO, CT, MD, NJ, ND, TN, VT), will each receive a check in the amount of one-thousand dollars ($1,000 USD). In the event no Regional Champion (other than a Regional Champion in the states of AZ, CO, CT, MD, NJ, ND, TN, or VT) has used Kingsford Charcoal to comprise at least 75% of the fuel source, then no Regional Champion Cash Prize shall be awarded.

It sounds like they will have to employee a lot of staff at contest to measure charcoal going into you smoker. Do you really want someone helping you build and maintain your fire. LOL

My gut tells me they (Kingsford) will have a Competition-Hickory-Pellet out for those of us that go that way. I can see it now they will take there briquets and extrude them thru little holes for us. Look out here they come. :eek:

My gut tells me they (Kingsford) will have a Competition-Hickory-Pellet out for those of us that go that way. I can see it now they will take there briquets and extrude them thru little holes for us. Look out here they come. :eek:

I would guess not due to the lower demand of pellets.

Back