King Crab Legs...fresh from Alaska.

Yes during certain times of the year they sell fresh uncooked king crab legs. I've bought from these guys in the past and although very pricey the flavor is so much better than the cooked and then frozen legs it's unbelievable.

Yes during certain times of the year they sell fresh uncooked king crab legs. I've bought from these guys in the past and although very pricey the flavor is so much better than the cooked and then frozen legs it's unbelievable.

That's what I heard about fresh crab. One reason I don't want to expose my taste buds to the flavor. They won't miss what they never had and like drugs I could go broke if I get addicted... I have to live within my means... :thumb:

Costco has some good King crab legs here on the left coast, can't recall the price, but reasonable. Since they're based in Seattle, good chance the legs are from Alaska. Twenty years ago my brother would send us King crab legs from a reputable fish merchant in Anchorage, over-night FedEx. (Christmas time) They were to die for. We steamed them in the oven with a little water, and hot drawn butter, fresh lemon juice. If you don't have a Costco, google for a fish merchant in Anchorage who ships year-round. You won't be disappointed.
Word of warning: Insure the package, overnight FedEx it. If it arrives and you smell fish before you open the insulated box, send it back for a refund.

HEB has great deals on King Crab Legs on a regular basis...PLUS...they will steam them for you (regular, garlic, or cajun) for free if you ask. I've had them for as little as $8-10 per lb before.

We have Albertson's that put them on sale for about that price from time to time. That is when we buy. I've tried to stock up but you know that doesn't work out... :doh:

Back