THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Bob
A tv show on the Current TV network.

Today's segment ... Sausage.

A tourgroup (including Vegans) were witnesses for the visual reactions on camera.

Disclaimer... its a rather graphic segment... watching the entire aspect of raised pigs intended for consumption (from birth to the breakfast table)... including killing and butchering. Different approaches are shown (open pen/industrial).

Honestly... some scenes are very graphic and churned my stomach... realistically... for our own benefit.

Replay @ 2:00 pm EST on Comcast.

Last edited:
I'll pass (out).....I appreciate hunters and butchers, I'm very comfortable letting them do what they do so that I can go to my local market and purchase meat there or trade some homebrew to my cousin for some venison tyvm.

Let me get on my stump speech. I haven't watch the show but in my opinion I think anyone that eats meat should watch how it is raise/slaughter , there are alot of people today have no ideal where their food come from. It kinda like people that like war but have no ideal what takes place on a battle field

I've watched the beef, pork and lamb shows and thought they were tastefully done. :thumb:

Let me get on my stump speech. I haven't watch the show but in my opinion I think anyone that eats meat should watch how it is raise/slaughter , there are alot of people today have no ideal where their food come from. It kinda like people that like war but have no ideal what takes place on a battle field

I agree with ya Jestridge. :thumb:

Raising and butchering your own meat is a part of country living that I wouldn't trade for anything. I know my animals are treated like kings and queens from birth to the table, I know what goes into them (no medication or hormones)...They have the best lives possible...

I'm not so sure about store bought meat.

My Mom was a raised on the farm... was a fact of life for her. Guess being city-fied made life a little easier for my family later.

However... am not blind to the realities of life, either.
If it was a way of life... never heard of a vegan farmer, tho.

Raising and butchering your own meat is a part of country living that I wouldn't trade for anything. I know my animals are treated like kings and queens from birth to the table, I know what goes into them (no medication or hormones)...They have the best lives possible...

I'm not so sure about store bought meat.

I give that store-bought the royal treatment on my plate! :-D

I always enjoy watching vegans watch hunters doin their thang... Butchering takes it to a whole new level! :laugh:

That reminds me of the time a friend of mine came up to visit from Seattle. I had to stop and feed my horse so he came with me. My neice walked by us said "Hi Uncle David who is your friend" as she reached down grab a chicken and snapped its neck and got ready to clean it right there. I thought he was going to throw up and he was sort of upset that she showed no emotion why doing it.

That reminds me of the time a friend of mine came up to visit from Seattle. I had to stop and feed my horse so he came with me. My neice walked by us said "Hi Uncle David who is your friend" as she reached down grab a chicken and snapped its neck and got ready to clean it right there. I thought he was going to throw up and he was sort of upset that she showed no emotion why doing it.

I sincerely feel that emotional attachment to something meant to be eaten is a bad thing. Care for them, yes. But getting attached is a bad idea.

In regards to the show, I tried to watch most of it yesterday and made it to the point where they were bleeding them out and my wife made me change the channel. I really wanted to see the processing part though.

Back