THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ComputerMike

Take a breath!
I found two of these:

ribracks01.jpg

ribracks02.jpg

on www.kijiji.com. $5.oo for two. Not exactly a BGE but I needed a couple and you can't beat the price.

I have the same ones and I am not a huge fan. They are designed to hold 3 slabs and the 3 probes on each side are designed to hold potatoes for roasted/baked potatoes.

If these are the exact same ones I have (and they look it) then they are not very long/wide and if you try to use them for complete racks of ribs they fall out each side. If you do a half a rack they work fine and fit almost exact.

I have the same ones and I am not a huge fan. They are designed to hold 3 slabs and the 3 probes on each side are designed to hold potatoes for roasted/baked potatoes.

I was wondering about the three probes. They weren't exactly what I was looking for but they were cheap. The length is less of an issue as my current bullet smoker is small but once I get my UDS build I may need bigger racks.

If these are the exact same ones I have (and they look it) then they are not very long/wide and if you try to use them for complete racks of ribs they fall out each side. If you do a half a rack they work fine and fit almost exact.

It's hard to tell without them "in-hand".....but can they be turned over to hold 5 racks of ribs?

I have 2 of those and put them side-by-side to do 3 full slabs on the UDS.

It's hard to tell without them "in-hand".....but can they be turned over to hold 5 racks of ribs?

Unfortunately you cannot because of the way they are welded together. One thing I did with mine was bend the middle sections straight up. In this way I could put smaller back ribs between the main sections that are intended for ribs. Dosen't work for spares or real meaty back ribs though.

Back