Kevinstaggs suggested it…

I keep hearing about this Redmonds. Whats so special about it? When i want salt as finishing topping, i use Maldon Sea Salt Flakes. How does Redmonds compare?

Because I try take in 4000 mg of salt a day and I want to know where it comes from, an ancient sea with none of todays pollutants.

Adams and I posted at the same time, what he said too.

I'm more of a pepper heavy people than salt. My Bride is the opposite.
When I use salt I want it to be the best. That includes geographic region of origin. When 4ever3 recommended Redmond Real, I read up on it. Still do. I have other salts in the house, but Redmond is my reach for salt.

I also carry my Redmond's Real salt fine on road trips.Roadside meal, drive thru fare. No fighting those little paper salt packets. Fries. I don't carry pepper but will travel with OG Tabasco. Those little paper pepper packets are good but there's like 4 pepper flakes so it takes 20 .

Same here Adams, I bought the Tupperware travel shakers and have salt everywhere I go, it does cause strange looks from time to time (actually that may be caused by me rather that the salt shaker :becky:)

Checked stock before I headed out this morning, running low, 10 lb pail ordered.

I grill up a steak 2 or 3 times a week just for myself, and I typically sprinkle with some Diamond kosher salt and McCormick coarse ground black pepper prior to grilling over charcoal.

Would the Celtic and/or the Redmond be good to season a steak? The Celtic looks to be wet...but maybe try with the grinder??? Would the Redmond coarse or fine be better for me to try?

Please advise. Thank you.

Me?

I’ve seasoned many a steak with Redmonds coarse only. Put steak on the counter and season liberally with salt and hour before cooking, hit it on the smooth side of a blazing hot grill grate then go indirect to desired temp. Makes an amazing crust!

I grill up a steak 2 or 3 times a week just for myself, and I typically sprinkle with some Diamond kosher salt and McCormick coarse ground black pepper prior to grilling over charcoal.

Would the Celtic and/or the Redmond be good to season a steak? The Celtic looks to be wet...but maybe try with the grinder??? Would the Redmond coarse or fine be better for me to try?

Please advise. Thank you.
I buy Celtic in 22# bags. It comes moist. Take some out to dry on a dinner plate and reseal the bag. It's coarse so needs a grinder. Great on steak. I use it on everything except in potato or pasta water...use kosher for those.

^^^Great marketing by Real Salt/Redmond. Will be interesting to try it.

Really wish John was still here for salt discussion. I forget where the salt in his Q-salt comes from. We'd discussed setting up a salt tasting table at a bash for a blind taste test a couple times.

Me?

I’ve seasoned many a steak with Redmonds coarse only. Put steak on the counter and season liberally with salt and hour before cooking, hit it on the smooth side of a blazing hot grill grate then go indirect to desired temp. Makes an amazing crust!

Thanks...grinder or just sprinkle on the coarse?

What’d they get wrong Erik?

Yea he was a wealth of salt knowledge! Salt is just another rabbit hole of many and he got waaaay down it!

I go strait coarse deboy, much of it had dissolved by cook time.

What’d they get wrong Erik?

Yea he was a wealth of salt knowledge! Salt is just another rabbit hole of many and he got waaaay down it!

I go strait coarse deboy, much of it had dissolved by cook time.
Very compelling. JMO...they oversold ocean pollution against Celtic. There's a helluva lot of sea water out there. To take the concept of sea water salt being a threat to your health would be going down the rabbit hole...again, JMO.

Buy any Celtic for Let's Make A Deal? You can get it on Amazon.

Deal!

Let me look for it locally otherwise I’ll grab one off of Amazon, I’m betting Sprouts has it.

Info on the fish...please...what kind & how prepared...thanks!

Here's a link to Gorton's Fish Sticks. We get the regular sized sticks. As well we like the Gorton's Beer Battered Filets. Both Pollock we cook both to 180° IT in Air Fryer. They're still moist and a good crunch. Gorton's has cod as well, but we find the Pollock just a tad milder.

Link to Gorton's Fish Sticks
https://www.gortons.com/products/crunchy-breaded-fish-sticks/

Back