Keri Hog Apple Beans

Wait till you have the leftovers! They are twice as good trust me on this as right after dinner I pack them for my lunch before the wife gets her hanfs on them.

Wait till you have the leftovers! They are twice as good trust me on this as right after dinner I pack them for my lunch before the wife gets her hanfs on them.
Yep could make a meal of just beans and bread. I used Del Monte peaches that come in a mason jar once cause they were there. Also a good flavor.

I hear ya Norco have you used pineapple chunks ? YUMMMMMMMMM!! We add them and crushed tangerines.

try it with smoked turkey leg meat...
yum yumz!:biggrin:

Keri C's hog apple beans are the holy grail of baked beans. I made them a few times since she posted the recipe and there are never any leftovers and eevryone loves them. i will be making a batch for Super Bowl.

Here is a pic of the finished beans. They were great.

beanscarne007.jpg

Has any brethern made the Hog Apple baked beans and the Jack's Old South Peach Baked beans and compared them?
I would be interested in knowing how they stack up against each other.
It would take my family of 3 a month to eat all them beans if I did the research. Maybe a brother that caters can try it sometime?:?:

Has any brethern made the Hog Apple baked beans and the Jack's Old South Peach Baked beans and compared them?
I would be interested in knowing how they stack up against each other.
It would take my family of 3 a month to eat all them beans if I did the research. Maybe a brother that caters can try it sometime?:?:

I have done both and love them both equally!
I suggest you look at the "commonality" of the recipes and build a version you are happy with.
I use a combination of both and never have leftovers! :lol:
The peach does seem to put the flavor over the top most of the time, but apples work fine also.

It's all good.

TIM

Dude, you are a white boy from the valley!! Never had Cholula? Next you're gonna tell me you've never had Tapatio...

Never had Cholula. Use Tapatio all the time. One of my favorites. Always keep several bottles in the pantry along with the one in the refrigerator.

Back