KCBS Vegas 2009 It is ON

My Son Kyle is a welder and we have some original ideas
We are not ready to go on these yet

Yea I should be able to find you a team to cook with

March is a great time to get out of Michigan. Well actually, right now is a good time to get out of Michigan but anyway, Looking forward to the info.

Scott

I appreciate that very much Thom! I'd love to fly out for the contest!

Any idea when the dates will be nailed down?

The deal is close, verbals are in place
But this is too big to do on a handshake
I told the Promoter I would start the information process and we can finalize as we go

The basic idea was the Fall has a number of great events
There are more open dates in the spring so we targeted the early season

So can we season a grill or two for you at the contest???

I know of another Vegas BBQ event that's pretty far along in the planning stage for the Spring of 09. Will in all liklihood feature a double-cook format with a $250K purse. KCBS Sanctioned at the RIO.

The reason I posted this thread was to determine if a 100 team minimum was reasonable
Yes I do think it is We have a date on the KCBS Calendar but it is NOT final
There are a number of TBD elements on this one. The Devil is in the details
This could end up moving to the fall Anything is possible in BBQ :)

It is up right now against 2 huge contests. So if you are looking for traveling teams. That might cut it back a bit.

I know of another Vegas BBQ event that's pretty far along in the planning stage for the Spring of 09. Will in all liklihood feature a double-cook format with a $250K purse. KCBS Sanctioned at the RIO.

I got a PM about that one as well,said it may be a 100 team max for that one and 250K payout,shaping up to be a good spring in Vegas !

It is up right now against 2 huge contests. So if you are looking for traveling teams. That might cut it back a bit.

Yeah,but these would be 100K and 250K payouts,few contests like that around !I think 100K and 250K would be worth the drive fromalmost anywhere .

1/4 of a Million dollars for a BBQ contest! I have only been competing for 6 years, 1st time I won GC it paid $500, we got 1st in Pork, 3rd in Ribs and 2nd in Anything Butt, walked away with a whopping $850 total!

Way to Cynical a person...$250,000 or $100,000 for that matter for a BBQ contest, will have to see it to believe it!

Thanks for the work Thom - I want to be a part of it, so as it comes together let us know. If it is a weekend we can travel, we're there!

Back