KCBS Smithfield rib challenge signup problem

Hogfest in Historical Edenton

Hey guys,

I have been told that you do not have to be a member to sign up for this series. Hogfest is part of the series as well and you will have to sign up for each contest individually that you are competing in. This is to ensure record keeping and the correct number of ribs are available at each contest.

If anyone has a problem signing up contact the KCBS office and if for some reason they say you have to be a member please let me know. Also remember there are two days left on the Early Early bird discount for Hogfest when cooking both events. Dont miss it!!

Roy

Not only is KCBS membership not required, but according to the rules you don't have to turn in Smithfield ribs.:confused:

Even better. I normally do spares and I suspect we will get baby backs as part of this series. That will be great if we can turn in whatever we want.

This is one that should be open to everyone. I have several teams that are not members of the KCBS that attend Hogfest and I want all teams to be able to partisipate in this event if they want.

Roy

Here is my thinking, and it didn't start with Smith field... it started with Rancher Reserve. These 'contests' should only be open to KCBS members. Its OUR marketing company that is seccuring the sponsors and promoting this amongst the KCBS community (internet). Once again we should let nonmembers get the same benefit as paying members? I call BS. Doesn't mean teams can't sign up for your contest Roy, just shouldn't get the same benefits as KCBS members.

Here is my thinking, and it didn't start with Smith field... it started with Rancher Reserve. These 'contests' should only be open to KCBS members. Its OUR marketing company that is seccuring the sponsors and promoting this amongst the KCBS community (internet). Once again we should let nonmembers get the same benefit as paying members? I call BS. Doesn't mean teams can't sign up for your contest Roy, just shouldn't get the same benefits as KCBS members.

I think I'll start calling you "GC"...."Gas Can":razz:

Kinda what I was thinking and it may get a few more teams to join.

I think I'll start calling you "GC"...."Gas Can":razz:

It does have a nice ring to it....

Heck I don't know which BOD approved it. I just pulled out a shot gun for a bigger pattern....:icon_shy

I will state this wasn't a slam on the BOD. Just my thoughts as a lifetime member of KCBS, I'd rather get some benefits that others don't pay for. I know non-KCBS members don't come tribute to MMA's bottom line, so why get same benefits...

I do appreciate the response though Jorge. At least I know someone is reading :thumb:it....

Kinda what I was thinking and it may get a few more teams to join.

Mike, & Scottie,
The ultimate decission with all of these extra series is with the sponsor, if I am a sponsor like Smithfield I want as many teams as possible involved in this. That equates to more return on there investment. It is not our marketing dollars ,it is the sponsor paying for it. KCBS is getting the benifit of the sponsors willingness to get involved with there advertizing money.

As an orginizer I want every team at my event to be afforded the chance to partisipate, excluding any of them sheads a bad light on my contest. Not to mention that is one more thing I would have to track.

Things like the sams club where the KCBS is taking a bigger role in should be member only.

Non members do contribute. Entering comps requires sanctioning. The more teams, the more reps. For every team there needs to be a judge. For every six teams there needs to be a table captain. There should also be alt judges on stand-by proportional to the number of teams. Each of those represents a cbj and/or tc class tuition as well as current kcbs membership. Big picture guys.

Non members do contribute. Entering comps requires sanctioning. The more teams, the more reps. For every team there needs to be a judge. For every six teams there needs to be a table captain. There should also be alt judges on stand-by proportional to the number of teams. Each of those represents a cbj and/or tc class tuition as well as current kcbs membership. Big picture guys.

You are correct. Guess I'm just always looking to improve the benefits for the membership.

I think having reasons to be a member is a good thing, and I'm not even arguing that this should be open to non-members. My only point was that just because you aren't a member doesn't meant that you don't help may Mike McCloud's Salary.

dmp

Back