KCBS renewal, Is it worth it

Jorge and Scottie, thanks for the offer guys but I can pay my membership and have planned on it. This really wasnt meant as a statement on my finances but more as a rhetorical question. I have been planning this money for a bit so it actually is already in the lockbox in the bank so it wouldnt get "accidentally" touched. Saying that though I think the two of you, as well as many others that have commented or PMed me, are the main reason I can easily justify the expense. THE PEOPLE!!! One suggestion made would be to do a single membership instead of family, however my wife loves judging and being a member as much as me and I wont take that from her. She just doesnt like to biotch about bbq as much as me, EVERYTHING else yes but not bbq.

Again thanks for the offer guys but my membership will be renewed without any problem

I was wanting to do it to show you the kind of folks that are in BBQ. I compete to win, but I also know there are bigger things in life than winning BBQ contests. My cause in life is to help people. So for me it wasn't about money and I knew you weren't trying to say that.

My offer still stands and I still would like to assist. Although I think some little fairy has already found e that for you.

Good luck!

I like KCBS. I really do. It's not hip to say you like them...but

I get $35 worth EVERY year and then some.

X2.

I'm also an IBCA member. Soon to be a Texas Gulf Coast Member and have decided after meeting reps, judges and board members from all these organizations I'll be a member of any organization I cook in.

I don't have to like everything about any of them, but long before I came along to cook, folks formed these groups and worked ( and are still working) dilligently to put on events that allow us to enjoy our hobby with some modicum of what we perceive as fairness and organization.

For me, there is value in that.

Jorge and Scottie, thanks for the offer guys but I can pay my membership and have planned on it. This really wasnt meant as a statement on my finances but more as a rhetorical question. I have been planning this money for a bit so it actually is already in the lockbox in the bank so it wouldnt get "accidentally" touched. Saying that though I think the two of you, as well as many others that have commented or PMed me, are the main reason I can easily justify the expense. THE PEOPLE!!! One suggestion made would be to do a single membership instead of family, however my wife loves judging and being a member as much as me and I wont take that from her. She just doesnt like to biotch about bbq as much as me, EVERYTHING else yes but not bbq.

Again thanks for the offer guys but my membership will be renewed without any problem

It's safe to say that you can hold on to that $50, or allocate it elsewhere. If it's a buffet, do some damage for Scottie and myself...both of us...at the same time!:shocked: I don't want to have to get talk to someone in the office about it, because I've given my word that I won't try to run the office.

Thanks for your interest and participation. As you said, it IS about the people. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you one of these days!

Back