Contest Results Kansas Winter Q, Great Bend, KS

Congrats to Andy and Co. for your second Chest to Chest Championship.:clap::clap::clap: I had some of Andy's brisket last month and it was the best I have ever had, and I have eaten some of his brisket before too. Did you use any of those Dodge City dry aged briskets?

Congrats to Andy and Co. for your second Chest to Chest Championship.:clap::clap::clap: I had some of Andy's brisket last month and it was the best I have ever had, and I have eaten some of his brisket before too. Did you use any of those Dodge City dry aged briskets?

Actually I didnt use any of those Dodge City briskets from class. All my meat for this comp came from Harter House in Springfield. They direct ship, and sent us all our meat this time with my friend Brian Clark (from Clark Kent Supersmokers). He was helping me this weekend, since Kim was home with the girls.

Congrats to everyone.....this was one HECK of a contest. Definatley be back.

Matt
Hot Grill on Grill Action

We had a great time and were so excited to win! We were hoping to pull off a top 10 in that crowd! I think Andy lost 10 pounds walking back and forth to the stage 100 times between his Chest to Chest, contest calls and Calcutta money! Kent and his guys did a great job and you can tell he really cares for all of the competitors. As long as he has this contests we will be there! It was nice to meet some of those Texas Guys and Gals too, we don't see to many of them in these parts during the summer months.

Congrats to the MOO brothers, Andy and all that walked. Sorry we couldn't make it, the snow was too much. Since I had the briskets thawed out I cooked them on Sunday. Tried some different ideas. They were the best 2 briskets I have ever made, hands down. I hope to repeat them again someday. the word irony comes to mind

Attachments

• brisket 022712.jpg
    brisket 022712.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 24
Back