Kosmos - 15
Butcher - 16
Smoek Ice 18
Plowboy - 20
JP Custom - 22
Dodge County - 23
Border War - 32

Time for bed

Just got back from Great Bend and what an awesome contest! Kent does an amazing job along with all of the volunteers who help. I got to meet a bunch of great teams and managed to pull a 4th in chicken as well as a 6th in Pork, and around that bunch thats pretty good IMO. Great Bend in a must for those who have never been! Can wait till Labor Day weekend for the 3 in 3 contests.

I've never been to this event, but saw a few pics on facebook today. Does everyone get a square inside a building to do all their work and hang out - then everyone just keeps the smokers outside?

If you want to stay inside then, like you said you get a square and cooker stays outside or you can stay outside your preference. Absolute awesome even a must for everyone!!

That's cool... he still owes the teams from his contest last July their ribbons. I have been waiting for a 2nd pork, 5th sirloin, 5th anything beef and 10th dessert for a little while now.

Jeff, I just asked Kent Monday about this, the fair board president is in control of this and he still has never got the ribbons. Also, I think the ribbons were for 1st thru 6th places, 7th thru 10th just had money. The ribbons for Winter Q didn't come in till Friday before the contest. I will try to give him a few gentle nudges to get this taken care of. Kent busts his butt to make his contests the best he can, but he doesn't get much support from the rest of the fair board. This is part of the reason that the 2010 contest is Labor Day weekend, the fair board won't have to take care of exhibits, animals, and whatnot--just the contest.

David Keyse
Great Bend, KS

Jeff, I just asked Kent Monday about this, the fair board president is in control of this and he still has never got the ribbons. Also, I think the ribbons were for 1st thru 6th places, 7th thru 10th just had money. The ribbons for Winter Q didn't come in till Friday before the contest. I will try to give him a few gentle nudges to get this taken care of. Kent busts his butt to make his contests the best he can, but he doesn't get much support from the rest of the fair board. This is part of the reason that the 2010 contest is Labor Day weekend, the fair board won't have to take care of exhibits, animals, and whatnot--just the contest.

David Keyse
Great Bend, KS

Thanks for coming by and introducing yourself on Saturday.

It was my pleasure, I just wish I would have had time to meet a few of the other teams. I was so busy with the calcutta and the appetizer scoring, then judging on Saturday I just didn't get the chance.

David Keyse
Great Bend, KS

Back