Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Kansas Winter Q & Chest to Chest Feb 24th & 25th Great Bend, KS

Wish we could make it, but I got called up for Jury Duty that week. :doh: There's an outside chance I may make it (if my name doesn't get called). I'm crossing my fingers :rolleyes:

I’m really bummed. I received an invite for the Chest-to-Chest brisket competition last year. Unfortunately it was cancelled last Labor Day weekend and rescheduled for February which I cant attend. I would have loved to compete against some of the best brisket cookers out there. Good luck to all.

I will be there but I will be the guy pawing through your ice chests, coolers, and fridges doing meat inspections. Make sure you have your pork collar hidden well! :crazy: Make sure to say hi if I don't recognize your team as a Brethren member, it could be crazy busy Friday. Last year we had 59 teams 2 days after 12 inches of snow. If the weather is nice we expect more!

This year we will be the 2nd contest in the 2012 Rocky Mountain BBQ Association Cup & Shot Glass chase. Hopefully this will get several teams out of the mountains to cook on the flatlands.

Hope to see you here in February!

David Keyse

I got my Chest to Chest invite this week. I have only a 20% chance of being able to make it. I am going to try real hard, but not sure if I can.

I may regret this, because the forcast will change 9 times before the 24th and 25th, but I hope the prognosticators are right, this forcast would be a beaut!

Attachments

• 10 day forcast.JPG
    10 day forcast.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 88
We will definately be there. Have been waiting two years for the Chest to Chest. See you there! :becky:

Rich and Bunny
KCass BBQ

Plans have changed, I'll be there cooking with Double Trouble BBQ! No jury duty next week! :thumb:

...and Bunny, I won't steal your fried pickles this year :biggrin1:

Just a quick update, so far 23 Chest to Chest teams are signed up and 50+ teams total. Still time to make the trip.

Does that include TheSlabs.com?? I haven't sent anything in and I'm not sure if Kyle did. Sounds like WE have it together...huh? lol!

Last edited:
Does that include Hen House BBQ? :mrgreen: Same here Steph. Can we Fax It in or just show up?

Last edited:
Back