THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BABYGOTBUTT

Knows what a fatty is.
Well.....I just picked up this Kamado Joe for Christmas. I also have an extra large Big Green Egg. After a through inspection I am suprised to say that in my opinion, the Kamado Joe is the way to go! Especially for the money. On average about a 250 dollar savings over BGE. I still love my big green egg but am looking forward to using the Kamado Joe.

Attachments

• Kamado Joe.jpg
    Kamado Joe.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 281
Awesome :) I'm new to the KJ world also and I believe it's a fantastic grill. Like you said, I think its equal to the Big Green Egg and possible better in a few areas and less expensive at the same time...

Double check that KJ thermometer. Mine was off by 40 degrees and was replaced with a tel-tru.

Double check that KJ thermometer. Mine was off by 40 degrees and was replaced with a tel-tru.

KJ has upgraded their thermometers. Both of mine are pretty close to grate temp when the temp settles down and the heat deflector is in place.

Back