Kamado Joe Big Joe

After seeing a Black Olive grill (pellet pooper kamado) and initially misunderstaning what it was, it occurred to me that someone should build a cooker, like a Kamado, with an integrated electronically controlled stoker. I can't help but wonder if maybe that's what is on the horizon. A super efficient ceramic with an integrated stoker to stabilize temps nearly indefinitely. Sounds cool, huh?

After seeing a Black Olive grill (pellet pooper kamado) and initially misunderstaning what it was, it occurred to me that someone should build a cooker, like a Kamado, with an integrated electronically controlled stoker. I can't help but wonder if maybe that's what is on the horizon. A super efficient ceramic with an integrated stoker to stabilize temps nearly indefinitely. Sounds cool, huh?

Guess what fellas, it's coming.

I can't post the pics of it but get ready for KJ to make some noise. The integrated stoker will be weatherproof/waterproof, mount at the dome thermo location, have an analog thermo underneath it, sit in a magnetic holster and be wireless. Essentially you will turn the dial to your desired temp, digital readout in the middle, it communicates with the stoker fan mounted in the draft door wirelessly, then then you can pluck it out of the holster and bring it in the house to monitor pit temp or adjust it.

The pit probe mounts on the collar of the gasket, and that's the only wire. It will be able to run on just batteries or plug in if need be. Low profile, weatherproof and will come standard on every grill for a very low price increase, very low. BGE, Primo and other ceramic owners can also use it on their grills. Only wish it had a meat probe for IT but at this point the biggest factor is ease of use for managing longer cooks and pit temp. It's pretty dang cool to me.

tumblr_mc9bnjrZIw1qam5vs.gif

Back