Kabobs last night, w/ Pron

Abelman

Full Fledged Farker
I've never really been a big Kabob's guy but my wife loves them. So, I figured I'd do them for her a few weeks back but decided to change things up. I figured it was just easier to put all the same food on each skewer to insure they are cooked the right way. It worked great and I know I'm not the first guy to ever think of that.

One thing I did try was using what I call Chicken Juice on beef and veggies. It's simply the sauce used for Roadside Chicken. I must say, it's excellent and this has become a family favorite.

So, here's the prep with top sirloin, sweet onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and raw shrimp with a little home made rub sprinkled on:

I grill the different skewers along the way at 400° with just simple RO lump and the chicken juice. I use Grill Grates as it really helps with controlling flare ups.

Here we are with everything done at the same time. I just put it all out and let people take what they want:

Here's the plate I made:

Thanks for looking and I know, the pure Kabob guys will cringe at this but it's the way to go for us. Give it a shot sometime if you're so inclined. I think you'll be happy with the results.

I don't know why I've never thought of doing the stuff individually! Excellent idea and I see it works! Looks like some fine eating!

Not saying we came up with the idea, but we have been doing this for years. I always hated getting either over cooked veggies or raw meat...

Thanks, it has completely changed me from being a non fan to a fan of kabobs.

Everyone loves being able to get exactly what they want as well.

Pete those look excellent! I like the separate kabob idea too, will give it a try next time. Thanks! :grin:

That is excellent! Years ago I read to cook each item separate, as onions take 7-8 minutes, chicken 5 or so, I always cringe when I see mixed Kabobs for sale at Harris Teeter, Safeway, etc. They are really handicapping someone who doesn't even know it. SO they've got overcooked shrimp and underdone 'shrooms. YAY! Not!
Great cook and pics!!

Back