THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
IMF
It’s true – I am a Bacon Addict! I truly believe that Bacon makes everything better!

Fish Tacos – Even with great seafood, Bacon will make then better. So since there is a Throwdown going on right now “Make it Better with Bacon”
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233551

Let’s get started with some bacon. Hickory smoked thick cut full sized Bacon weave

Bacon Weave .jpg

Cooked on the grill – got some pans underneath to collect the drippings and avoid flare ups

Bacon Cook .jpg

For the fish we got fresh Coho Salmon with Montreal seasoning, and fresh Halibut with S&P and minced garlic simmered in Butter.

Coho - Butt .jpg

U-10 Scallops on the Weber with mesquite chunks

Scallops .jpg

Here is where the Bacon obsession begins. The Bacon has to be cooked to the point it is slightly crispy but also slightly flexible. It’s a fine line. Immediately after removing from the grill, drape it over something round (this is a foiled rolling pin) to cool and form a giant Bacon Taco shell.

Bacon Shell .jpg

While the Taco shell is cooling to the desired shape, get the Seafood ready for assembly
The Coho Salmon!

Coho Salmon .jpg

The Halibut

Halibut .jpg

The sliced Scallops

Sliced Scallops .jpg

And Dungeness Crab – IMO the best Carb ever!

Crab .jpg

OK let’s build this beat! Start with the Bacon Taco shell and add lettuce, Sliced Avocado, and a Wasabi Mayonnaise sauce the MSD makes.

Layer 1 .jpg

Add the Salmon

Layer 2 .jpg

Then the Halibut and green onions

Layer 3 .jpg

Grated Habanero cheese and pickled onions

Layer 4 .jpg

Diced Tomatoes, Scallops, and some more Wasabi mayo

Layer 5 .jpg

Now the Dungeness Crab!

Layer 6 .jpg

The last layers are Parmesan cheese, a little more lettuce, EL PATO sauce, and some more Crab.

Layer 7 .jpg

What goes good with Tacos – How about some Tequila?

Built 1 .jpg

Better get a closer look at this little Taco

Built 2 .jpg

And slightly closer

Built 3 .jpg

The Bacon shell turned out great. Just flexible enough I could squeeze it slightly to handle it but crispy enough to bite through. Bacon in every bite and the blends of flavors were amazing. I didn’t want to let it go but had to set it down and cut about 1/3 of it off for MSD. After that I did not let it go until it was gone – Guess I was like a Dawg with a bone!

The obligatory bite picture!

Bite .jpg

I think I went into a slight Bacon Coma but have recovered and yes I would do it again
Thanks for Lookin
SD

MooseLikes_zps5f21f484.jpg

Holy smoke Dawg, fark, a bacon taco shell... Love it not sure my doc would but what the hell looks amazing.

Just wow....
I was looking at that (well, lets be honest here....) I was STARING at that and suddenly I thought BLT!! BLT low/no carb style. Shredded lettuce, fresh 'mato... some spicy mayo.
I'm so hungry.

Holy smokes!! That is just DECADENCE!!! I'm glad you were able to let go long enough to cut off a piece for MSD. Otherwise, I'm just picturing the two of you hovering over the plate ripping and tearing at it like ravenous wolves. Awesome job SD! Not to mention I'd have to get a small loan in order for afford to make that here!

Back