THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i would also like to say for anyone who has to come in here with a wise crack remark keep it to yourself..

i dont talk smack about others so dont come in here with your wise comments because i dont need them and i dont want them..

i am not rude to anyone.. so if you got nuttin good to say keep walking..

no time and no patience for boneheads..

thanks
Somebody is bitchy

chicken - 6 - thigh on bottom looks like it's missing the skin, box looks messy - distracts from meat, try placing chix in 3 x 2 configuration
ribs - 8/9 - Our ribs seems to always score better when centered in box (back to front) in a single row rather than placed diagonally. I also prefer a little lighter color on the ribs.
pork - 7 - pulled pieces are too big and stringy, sauce looks a little thick, like ribs, we usually score better when we don't use a diagonal layout, the first 3 slices don't look like they were layed in the box in the same orientation as the back 3 slices (I would lay the flat end on the bottom and the round/point side facing up).
brisket - 6 - fat side goes down, trim excess fat off back slices, injection stains look bad

chicken - 6 - thigh on bottom looks like it's missing the skin, box looks messy - distracts from meat, try placing chix in 3 x 2 configuration
ribs - 8/9 - our ribs seems to always score better when centered in box (back to front) in a single row rather than placed diagonally. I also prefer a little lighter color on the ribs.
Pork - 7 - pulled pieces are too big and stringy, sauce looks a little thick, like ribs, we usually score better when we don't use a diagonal layout, the first 3 slices don't look like they were layed in the box in the same orientation as the back 3 slices (i would lay the flat end on the bottom and the round/point side facing up).
Brisket - 6 - fat side goes down, trim excess fat off back slices, injection stains look bad

thanks for the constructive critisism...

An sled.. Not bitchy with you buddy.. Just some others who will chime in i am sure. Lol

Chicken - 6 - various sizes, shapes and colors. If I judged greens, it would be less - lots of parsley stems Appealness factor - average

Ribs - 7 - my first thought was "how thick is that molasses?" but they do look meaty, err thick Appealness factor - sure I'll take one

Pork - 6 - average at best, slices go in different directions and again, why so much sauce? Appealness factor - I hope the sauce is good, cause the meat appears to be slightly overcooked

Brisket - 5 - sorry the fat and spots do not make it appealing at all - in fact, it grosses me out. 5 is generous - as a judge, I don't see a need to give lower than a 5 unless I have to. Appealness factor - I pray I'm not the last judge to get the box

Agree with everyone on the oversaucing.

Those thighs are puny. Can you find a better source for bigger, more evenly sized chicken? Trimming the meat will help your thighs look more refined, and naturally, you need to start with big thighs before you start cutting them smaller.

Brisket - flip your slices so the fat side is down on top of the lettuce. What's the granular looking goop all over the brisket? Might taste great, but it doesn't look so good in the photo.

You know, a moderator could have a field day with this thread carving out the crap.
Hmm? ;)

see... sledneck ruins everything. lol :lol::lol:

time to tone it down a little so the carving does not have to take place..

arlin i dont thinkw e have a problem. lol

Agree with everyone on the oversaucing.

Those thighs are puny. Can you find a better source for bigger, more evenly sized chicken? Trimming the meat will help your thighs look more refined, and naturally, you need to start with big thighs before you start cutting them smaller.

Brisket - flip your slices so the fat side is down on top of the lettuce. What's the granular looking goop all over the brisket? Might taste great, but it doesn't look so good in the photo.

that is the so called bark.lol

lets just say when we fell asleep i woke up hours later with a colder than usual smoker.. got it back up to temp and it was very very hard to get the pork to temp.. finally got it but didnt get the bark going..

really stunk.. we normally do so much better.. but this was a really bad showing for us.. kinda depressing.. but i got wasted and woke up colder than an icicle.. so it was all good.. not to mention penny slots. :lol::lol:

Back