JOS August Class- My Journal

Journal Entry 3

a.k.a "The THRILLA in UNADILLA"

Meet & greet night, and a good time was had by all.

Here's a few pics. Ever wonder what Myron's son is like? Here's a picture of him:

2.jpg

I believe it's "Micheal" Mixon. He directed us on where to park. He reminded me of my 20 yr old son: a little hell-raiser. He was quick to direct us to the beer cooler (a new item @ the JOS cooking school). In fact, he personally led us there. Got a feeling that he knows his way around a beer cooler. Got him to pose for the picture (above). Got a little "My name is Earl" thing goin on with the eyes closing during the picture.

So, we entered the new "Pavallion." Those of you who have previously taken the class will be surprised: Myron's removed the tents and built a permanent structure:

3.jpg

You can see more of it in the various pictures:

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

So we all ate (Chicken, catfish, french fries, hush puppied, & cole slaw [w/mayo]). After we ate, Myron addressed us as to the weekends activities. Myron came around, and met each of us at our tables. Me, I couldn't resist, so I say:

"Nice to meet you Mr. Trigg."

Myron shot back: "I ain't that damn drunk yet!"

We all laughed.

Jason (Shiz-Nit) and I were wearing our Brotheren shirts, and we got a lot of looks from the crowd. In fact, it enabled a few of the other brothers to find us. Soon, we had an entire table of us, including a new recruit.

Here's a picture of us, and Myron(taken by the recruit):

13.jpg

Tomorrow starts the class @ 9 am. Watch this space for my next report.

No Saturday night update? Did Myron kick y'alls butt, making you too tired to post last night?

Don,

Let me explain. On friday night, I, and the other brothers had our pictures taken with Myron individually. Jason (Shiz-Nit) was taking the pictures using each of our cameras. He hit the wrong button on mine, and the camera had to be restarted. While we were waiting, I told Myron about the brethern website, and told him we'd love for him to come and post sometime. He got quiet: unusual for Myron. Sunday, I found out why.

On Sunday, while he was saucing the chicken breasts, I asked Myron about the recent KCBS meeting on his cupcake chicken. He answered me, and then looked directly at my shirt (I brought 2 brethern t-shirts, and was wearing one) and said: "Oh, and they don't think much of me on your forum either. You think I give a ****?" Everyone but Shiz-Nit and myself laughed. He and I were embarrassed to the point of humiliation.

Later, when I picked up a few things I purchased (T-shirts, sauce, rub, etc) from Myron's wife Faye, I asked her about what Myron had said. She told me that she herself was so angry at what some of the regulars here had said about Myron that she had to be physically restrained from posting a reply. She said she has been ordered not to even read the site anymore. I apologized profusely, but the damage was done.

We all talked about it after the class. If you've never met him, I can tell you that the on-camera schtick is all put-on for the camera by Myron. He's nothing like that in person. He listens to everyone, and will humbly answer any question. It seems that there are quite a number of people here on the forum who are extremely jealous of Myron and his success... to the point of behaving like complete horse's ar'ses. These people collectively couldn't cook their way out of a paper bag next to Myron.

So, I decided not to post again. I am writing a piece about the class, and will send you the link to the site it will be on when it's up.

-Bill

Bill,
It sounds like you had a good time and learned a lot. I hope that you will share the experience here or let us know where you post it up.
I personally would like to take the class but the economy being what it is....it is beyond my abilities/funds now.
Thanks for sharing the experience.
jon

Wow. I had no idea. I was just jabbing you cause I thought Myron had you dragging your knuckles on the ground back to your hotel Saturday night.

I've heard from others that Myron is a hell of a nice guy. It is hard to argue with success and I will be in Unadilla with bells on in October. I went to Harry Soo's class back in May, and he had attended and recommended Myron's class highly as well.

Please do send me the link. I am looking forward to reading your story.

Thanks,
Don

Don,

Let me explain. On friday night, I, and the other brothers had our pictures taken with Myron individually. Jason (Shiz-Nit) was taking the pictures using each of our cameras. He hit the wrong button on mine, and the camera had to be restarted. While we were waiting, I told Myron about the brethern website, and told him we'd love for him to come and post sometime. He got quiet: unusual for Myron. Sunday, I found out why.

On Sunday, while he was saucing the chicken breasts, I asked Myron about the recent KCBS meeting on his cupcake chicken. He answered me, and then looked directly at my shirt (I brought 2 brethern t-shirts, and was wearing one) and said: "Oh, and they don't think much of me on your forum either. You think I give a ****?" Everyone but Shiz-Nit and myself laughed. He and I were embarrassed to the point of humiliation.

Later, when I picked up a few things I purchased (T-shirts, sauce, rub, etc) from Myron's wife Faye, I asked her about what Myron had said. She told me that she herself was so angry at what some of the regulars here had said about Myron that she had to be physically restrained from posting a reply. She said she has been ordered not to even read the site anymore. I apologized profusely, but the damage was done.

We all talked about it after the class. If you've never met him, I can tell you that the on-camera schtick is all put-on for the camera by Myron. He's nothing like that in person. He listens to everyone, and will humbly answer any question. It seems that there are quite a number of people here on the forum who are extremely jealous of Myron and his success... to the point of behaving like complete horse's ar'ses. These people collectively couldn't cook their way out of a paper bag next to Myron.

So, I decided not to post again. I am writing a piece about the class, and will send you the link to the site it will be on when it's up.

-Bill

So, does this mean you won't be wearing your BBQ Brethren t-shirts anymore?

Don,

-Bill

If you think this site is bad you should see what BS they have the guts to say about him on his facebook page. It's hard to believe grown men can say some of that crap. Anybody that slams Myron like that has obviously never spent any time around him.

Wow did we have fun and learn a lot, Myron and family was great real nice down home county people.
I will be trying the rib tech. soon and will post the results with some PRON.

I totally agree with Shiz. Myron and his family were very hospitable. People shouldn't be too quick to judge a person that they've never met except on TV.
The class was well worth the money that I spent. I learned a totally different method of cooking. Do I still like my style? Absolutely! Do I like the new style that I learned? You betcha! I think a person can never be too good that they he/she can't learn from other people and experiences.

btcg, Saucy-Butts, Shiz-Nit, NebraskaBBQ, NewGuy(Nick),others that were there too but cant recall your handle.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you and learned alot while doing it. Thanks for all the tips, tricks, and hearing the lesson's learned tales from ya'll. Myron, his family, and helpers are a class act, good down home folks that love what they do. You ask a question, they answered it. From the smallest detail they took the time to show you how it could be done, should be done, or even just for personal enjoyment the way it can be done. I'm looking forward to trying some of the techniques and tips.

Rick

Bill sorry for the situation that you and the others were put in. I still look forward to reading about the rest of your class when you post up the link. I'm surprised he called someone out like that in a group, not really the most professional way to handle something.

BTW- I never seen an episode of the show but he does run buisness...

Myron, his family and crew are some of the nicest people around. They will answer any questions you may have. I got tons of great information and met a bunch of great people that I hope to know for a long time. Well worth the money.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the li8nk to read more. I have heard nothing but nice things about him from differant people

Back