Jones'in Already

SmokeInDaEye said:
Anyone have an opinion about Rock N Ribfest in NH late June?

We won GC at the Rock-n-Ribfest in 06 so my view is pretty biased :-D

It rained so hard that weekend...click the links below for a couple of pictures of the mess caused by the rain inside and right in front of our site.

NH Mud #1

NH Mud #2

This was an extremely challenging event because of the elements and location, but we had a good time. I'm with Nancee, as if there is a CT event a half-hour from my house the same weekend, that will be awfully hard to pass up.

nancee said:
I just filled out the paperwork...hopefully this is not a disaster!!! Where are you staying and are you staying over Friday/Sunday?
nancee

As of right now, we don't have a room. The resort is requiring a three night minimum at $140 a night, and that's a little too rich for my blood. It's just going to be myself and my brother, so we will probably just rough it. I'm only planning to stay Saturday night into Sunday. We also are considering getting a cheap motel Sunday night and skiing on Monday.

I'm shopping for a small pop up camper, but I don't think I will have one in time for Lincoln. That would be the ideal situation.

Grillin' on the Bay II March 31, 2007

Anybody coming out to cook in Brooklyn?? It would be great to see some brethren come out and try to take the crown from the purple turtles....

1 day grilling contest
Sponsored by NEBS

Date TBD.

Edited on request by Backyardchef.

backyardchef said:
Anybody coming out to cook in Brooklyn? It would be great to see some brethren come out and try to take the crown from the purple turtles....

Brooklyn, NY
1 day grilling contest
Sponsored by NEBS
Date:TBD

I dunno about taking the crown from Nancee and Greg but we'll be there. When you going to have details?

roughing it in January?!

not sure roughing it is physically possible for me in January in the White Mountains. So if you want to get together on something that is OK with us.Looks like we are alone also. Maybe ISS and/or LM wants in also as I think they are all homeless as well so far. We also like the idea of staying and skiing Monday. Let me know...

tedlor70 said:
As of right now, we don't have a room. The resort is requiring a three night minimum at $140 a night, and that's a little too rich for my blood. It's just going to be myself and my brother, so we will probably just rough it. I'm only planning to stay Saturday night into Sunday. We also are considering getting a cheap motel Sunday night and skiing on Monday.

I'm shopping for a small pop up camper, but I don't think I will have one in time for Lincoln. That would be the ideal situation.

Gee thanks Matt

so how many times will the rules change between now and then? Open or KCBS? I want to make my reservations early with that little supermarket...

backyardchef said:
Anybody coming out to cook in Brooklyn? It would be great to see some brethren come out and try to take the crown from the purple turtles....

Brooklyn, NY
1 day grilling contest
Sponsored by NEBS
Date TBD.

mudfest

you guys were next to us. You did the boot thing while I opted for barefeet altogether...what a mess. Nice turn in boxes btw; where'd you learn to do them<G>?

tedlor70 said:
We won GC at the Rock-n-Ribfest in 06 so my view is pretty biased :-D

It rained so hard that weekend...click the links below for a couple of pictures of the mess caused by the rain inside and right in front of our site.

NH Mud #1

NH Mud #2

This was an extremely challenging event because of the elements and location, but we had a good time. I'm with Nancee, as if there is a CT event a half-hour from my house the same weekend, that will be awfully hard to pass up.

nancee said:
you guys were next to us. You did the boot thing while I opted for barefeet altogether...what a mess. Nice turn in boxes btw; where'd you learn to do them<G>?

I will freely admit that I spied on your web site before competing for the first time!

My wife went to Wal-Mart and bought us all $15 boots, man that saved us. That mud was awful.

Grilling on the Bay

The Purple Turtle Catering Company will definitely be competing in Brooklyn March 31. Please get me the application asap. It will be a great event again; I would not miss it for the world!!!
nancee

backyardchef said:
Anybody coming out to cook in Brooklyn?? It would be great to see some brethren come out and try to take the crown from the purple turtles....

1 day grilling contest
Sponsored by NEBS

Date TBD.

Edited on request by Backyardchef.

nancee said:
The Purple Turtle Catering Company will definitely be competing in Brooklyn March 31. Please get me the application asap. It will be a great event again; I would not miss it for the world!!!
nancee

Looking forward to getting wooped by ya'll!:biggrin:

tedlor70 said:
As of right now, we don't have a room. The resort is requiring a three night minimum at $140 a night,

I was told by that there will be an indoor area available to the cooks to defrost and you can throw a sleeping bag on the floor...

ique said:
I was told by that there will be an indoor area available to the cooks to defrost and you can throw a sleeping bag on the floor...

We're planning on constructing a sort of "igloo" too, hopefully that will be enough to keep us warm. If this warm weather keeps up here in the Northeast, we may be in shirt sleeves for the contest!

Back