Johnny Trigg sauce and rubs

Im suprised Lawry's or weber or some other national brands didnt fork over a lifetime of wealth for his name on a sauce/rub

How about another way to look at it...at 75 years old he has decided to mix and create and make available what he uses?

As a team with it's own line of rubs out I really cant throw stones at Johnny Trigg.

I also lost out on this opportunity even though Johnny and I are very very close friends. The old codger sort of blew my mind by selecting an alternative form of distribution...uline...who would have thought of it....one of the biggest suppliers of everything. One of the great American distribution companies.

ALso the thing Johnny realized that the market isnt the die hards....it's the consumers.

Taking a shot at Johnny Trigg takes some seeds....it's like calling out John Wayne or Johnny cash.

Okay melodramatic. It takes some seeds to interject a Bbq guy with those legends. Not taking any thing from Johnny, but come on.

We took his class...even cooked against him a few times and was fortunate enough to have a couple of conversations with the Godfather. If you knew him (even as little as I do) you would know he is not even close to a sell out. I am a bit surprised BPS is not marketing and selling his products though...nonetheless...I will probably buy them.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I went and picked up my Trigg set from the Uline distribution center in the Twin Cities today. The lady working behind the counter told me they are shipping tons of them right now. I havent opened any of the suaces or rubs yet, but I will let you know my thoughts once I do!

Uline!? Weird.

Of course it is also weird you can order a lime green smokey joe from them.

H_2790LIME_L.jpg

Back