THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jason
What do you guys think about his products? Is this a southern thing or even more localized? I have a dealer near me who stocks a ton of his stuff. I absolutely LOVE some of his products, and hey, a guy from Texas who cooked a dinner for the first George Bush can't be all bad.

He was also featured on Food Network at some point.

Anyways, just curious if I am the only one using his stuff since I haven't seen it posted previously.

Which did you use? I LOVE the Mojave Garlic Pepper. I'm not a paid spokes-person for John Henry either ..just like his stuff and was curious how prevalent it was.

One of my "secrets" for my ribs is his Pecan Rub. What a great and interesting flavor.

Actually, after checking, I have used two different ones, purchased at a local BBQ's Galore....The Texas Brisket Rub, and the Bourbon rub....

SteveT

I've used probably 10 of his rubs - no sauces. They are all honestly represent the category they seek to fill. My favorite is the Pecan. The Mojave pepper is a nice Santa Maria style rub. The cherry rub is good too.

We love the Texas Brisket Rub on anything. It is especially good on grilled chicken wings.

I also use the Heart Healthy #4 rub over the top of other rubs.

I've used probably 10 of his rubs - no sauces. They are all honestly represent the category they seek to fill. My favorite is the Pecan. The Mojave pepper is a nice Santa Maria style rub. The cherry rub is good too.

After seeing the line-up in your shop yesterday, I have a feeling I will have quite a few in stock here pretty soon :thumb:

I bought some of his Pecan Rub, and only used it twice. I just didn't care for it.

CD

If you search my posts, you'll see his products are all I use. I buy the Pecan Rub by the pound and his Slippery Hill Sauce by the gallon...

His Texas Brisket Rub and his Chicken Tickler are 2 other favorites, I tried the bourbon rub and a cherry rub, didn't care for them...

Very cool to see other folks using his products as I have.

Has anyone tried his Hot Wing Rub? I forget the exact name, but I totally dig it on my BBQ hot wings. I'll have to try some of the other combinations mentioned here too.

Thanks for sharing. This board is without a doubt the best BBQ forum on the net!

I have about 15 of his rubs. Love the cactus, Tammy's herbal, stockyard. The pecans and maple walnut are also good. I love adding some brisket marinade to hamburgers.

Back