Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Jasper Strassenfest Barbeque Contest, Jasper, IN - July 31 & August 1, 2009

Does anyone know if they have room for more teams or not?
I am sure that Ottie will be more than happy to make room for ya....you know, the double top secret lessons and all:wink:.....he has done a great job for a first year contest....

My buddies Mike and Don, the newly formed PigDawg are coming...

Be sure to say hey to them and get a sample of "Peach Pie"...

We are looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday.
Good luck teams.

Bring your appetite Dale, there are a lot of great local vendors up on the square. There is a little bit of everything to eat. Oh ya, there is a beer garden too!

Ottie are we still holding at 30 or did any more teams sign up?

Wow 32 and counting. This is turning into being quite the contest.

Congratulations Ottie on the results of your hard work!

I am ready, just sitting here waiting on the boys so we can head that way. Got to try Peach Pie. I have a great recipe for Apple pie, but the peach sounds too good.

Here is the top ten.

1. Steel Smokin BBQ
2. Quau
3. Hickory Flats
4. Smokin T's
5. Ribs & Bibs
6. Monty Pigthon & The Holy Grill
7. Hoosier Crawdaddy
8. The Flying Burritos
9. Getta Que
10. Rock River BBQ

I'll post more later, it's time to have some Shiner Bocks!

Congrats to my boys on 8th overall and 2nd place brisket!

Just got home and we voted that Jasper is a must do next year. The people there are great. Ottie, you ran a fine comp. I am thinking about moving to Jasper. WOW!

Congrats to Steel Smokin for their first GC and congrats to all of our friends who got the calls.

Congrats to all! Great job Ottie! This is, by far, the best competition we have ever been to. Every team there said the same. Next year is going to be even better, I have a feeling.

Thanks Perry Brothers & Sons BBQ for the great judging!

hmmmm, getting brisket calls without Ottie..:wink:..laughing, coincidence?....:eusa_clap good job guys....sounds like this one will have to be on next years list....

Back