Jamie Geer is my new hero

I was thinking about doing something like that once after getting "judge farked" at a contest. Thought if I screwed up an entry and knew it, I'd put some habanero powder on the entry and add some habanero BBQ sauce. Never had the guts to try it though.

I agree, for the staged event between the seven groups it was a no harm no foul.
But to do that at a KCBS contest is just childish. I can sit down and eat japs all day but do you want me to judge your meat during that?
ModelMaker

How do you know it was a joke? The cook might have made a mistake or really liked spicy ribs?

How do you know it was a joke? The cook might have made a mistake or really liked spicy ribs?

I don't think anyone could have accidently poured that much cayane on his ribs. There wasn't a judge at the table that thought it was anything but intentional.
ModelMaker

JD and I turned in homemade Andouille for a Sausage turn in a couple years ago. It was very good, but way too much heat especially on a 90* day in May! Comments from the judges were we screwed them and the cooks turn ins after ours! We came in DAL on that one. I like to judge at least once a year, just to keep in touch around here, I won't even mess with Chipotle or anything too hot for the sweet tooth judges!

It was funny and that is all there is too it. It was meant to be funny and it was. There are people like my brother who could handle the heat and laugh at it. Some people like their food like that. That's why they have crackers and water.

your right about that! sometimes funny shouldnt require any thought. he was just trying to have some fun. sometimes it has to be at the expense of tight ---. im sure the money and the win was the least of his worries in that episode. no point of explaining this to some people, they took the fun out of their BBQ a long time ago.

Back