Jambalaya & A Smokehouse Haul

HogGrog

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Greg
Awhile back I asked the kind folk on this forum where to buy the real deal andouille. Thank you for all the responses, I now have several option based on my inquiry.

I placed an order from Wayne Jacob’s Smokehouse in La Place, LA as it was the most recommended by this forum. I ordered more than just andouille and have been enjoying their products.

I prepared an andouille and chicken jambalaya following the instructions on the dry goods package and it was superb! I smoked the chicken on the MAK One Star and basted with melted butter and Smokehouse hot sauce. Then removed skin and bones and chopped it up with the andouille.

Then it all went into a Dutch oven with the dry mix and cooked until the rice was light and fluffy. I had never had Jambalaya like this, the other kind I have tried was reddish and tomato-based. And not homemade but from a “chain” restaurant. From here on out I will continue to make it this way!

Thanks to everyone that led me to Wayne Jacobs Smokehouse, this Jambalaya is for you! Cheers!

Attachments

• D89A6A9B-5812-43B8-84E6-AD0BDD3EE055.jpg
    D89A6A9B-5812-43B8-84E6-AD0BDD3EE055.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 262
  • 39C25A99-250B-4328-A352-D4ECED6EF2BD.jpg
    39C25A99-250B-4328-A352-D4ECED6EF2BD.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 264
  • 1EE7BEBD-6C02-4541-9BCC-793E91A29968.jpg
    1EE7BEBD-6C02-4541-9BCC-793E91A29968.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 9E5668E0-3342-46F6-9BDF-53D339975268.jpg
    9E5668E0-3342-46F6-9BDF-53D339975268.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 0145ADBD-2854-4DD0-AC8C-922C6F603631.jpg
    0145ADBD-2854-4DD0-AC8C-922C6F603631.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 263
  • FEFA7456-C568-460C-A7E4-008DCACA632D.jpg
    FEFA7456-C568-460C-A7E4-008DCACA632D.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 262
  • 13C29C18-7CCF-4DBA-B974-A9257B1D82DF.jpg
    13C29C18-7CCF-4DBA-B974-A9257B1D82DF.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 263
There is a difference in cajun vs creole cooking deepening on the recipe. Often the creole version includes tomato & abstains on some other ingredients.

TBH after finding the Jumbalaya calculator on an LSU football forum I haven't really looked back. Give it a glance if you have some time.

Yours looks good, but it also looks like it could use some more seasoning. Who am I to judge though? The ingredients look amazing and you sound happy so that's what counts!

I will check out the vendor now that you've shown some of the product! If ya like this then you should try boudain! It's amazing.

Thanks for the link and compliment!

I’m admittedly a newb when comes to this type of cuisine but willing to keep learning and trying new things.

Stellar dish Sir. Real Cajun cooking is South Central and Southwest La. NOLA is more Creole. Both excellent!

There is a difference in cajun vs creole cooking deepening on the recipe. Often the creole version includes tomato & abstains on some other ingredients.

TBH after finding the Jumbalaya calculator on an LSU football forum I haven't really looked back. Give it a glance if you have some time.

Yours looks good, but it also looks like it could use some more seasoning. Who am I to judge though? The ingredients look amazing and you sound happy so that's what counts!

I will check out the vendor now that you've shown some of the product! If ya like this then you should try boudain! It's amazing.

I've asked this before without answer. Does the calculator link work for you? It wants me to sign up for some sort of software. Time before, it did take me to the calculator, but it would not work. Shame really because it was a useful tool.

Thanks,

Robert

I've asked this before without answer. Does the calculator link work for you? It wants me to sign up for some sort of software. Time before, it did take me to the calculator, but it would not work. Shame really because it was a useful tool.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert, I just downloaded the calculator without having to install any software. You just have to go through the "I'm not a robot" crap and you can download. Also, if you read the first post that comes up in the link, there is a link towards the end that takes you to the article and it is downloadable from there.

Ed

Thanks,

Robert

Youre likely clicking the wrong button. Click the dark gray button, put in the not a robot code, then click the white download button. That thing is incredible

Robert, I just downloaded the calculator without having to install any software. You just have to go through the "I'm not a robot" crap and you can download. Also, if you read the first post that comes up in the link, there is a link towards the end that takes you to the article and it is downloadable from there.

Ed

When I click the link at the bottom of the article, you are right I have to click on the pictures to prove I'm not a robot. It opens another window asking me to download "Filedropper.com"

Does anybody else get this?

Thanks,

Robert

When I click the link at the bottom of the article, you are right I have to click on the pictures to prove I'm not a robot. It opens another window asking me to download "Filedropper.com"

Thanks,

Robert

Yeah, that's an add at the bottom of the page. after you click I'm not a robot, in the same general area, there is a download file button. You want to hit that button and it will have you type in a word. There is one of those stupid adds at the bottom of the page that says download.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert, It's not asking you to download Filedropper. Filedropper is where the spreadsheet is stored. Click on download this file. Then do the I'm not a robot BS and then click to download in the white box. You will then get the spreadsheet and nothing else. I thought the same as you until a closer inspection.

I am with Robert...wants me to download Filedropper...when I google what is filedropper...it says filedropper is malware of some sort.

Then I relooked and saw the dark grey button that says "download this file" and it will download...but you must have excell or microsoft 365.

Back