Jack Draw--Who's In ?

i think its when there is only one state championship in a state.

Man, I just love DE. :>

Makes me think of the Little League World Series where the US fills up one bracket to ensure they play in the championship game :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i think its when there is only one state championship in a state.

Man, I just love DE. :>

South Dakota had one State Champ contest and Smoking Clones from Iowa were the winners. They were automatic to the Jack. But then Pellethead Smokers (one of two SD teams) is listed separately as the SD team. How does that work?

South Dakota had one State Champ contest and Smoking Clones from Iowa were the winners. They were automatic to the Jack. But then Pellethead Smokers (one of two SD teams) is listed separately as the SD team. How does that work?

1st is automatics (previous Jack winners, states with a single championship etc)
2nd is state draws
3rd is any teams with championship win from a home state not yet represented... they treat living in CT different from winning CT
4th is a coulple of wild card draws

1st is automatics (previous Jack winners, states with a single championship etc)
2nd is state draws
3rd is any teams with championship win from a home state not yet represented... they treat living in CT different from winning CT
4th is a coulple of wild card draws

Thanks. Never understood that. How about Johnny Trigg and Head Country II? What does the 10 year mean in terms of qualifying? If they qualified for 9 years, do they get the 10th for free?

Thanks. Never understood that. How about Johnny Trigg and Head Country II? What does the 10 year mean in terms of qualifying? If they qualified for 9 years, do they get the 10th for free?

Thats it. I believe Myron Mixon qualified by the No.9 rule as well in addition to winning MIM.

The intention of all these rules is to draw a diverse set of teams from as many states as possible.

Congrats to all !!!!

What is HLS & R Barbeque that qualified Holy Cow Smokers ???

This little contest down in Houston, where there is a whole hell of a lot of drinking....and some cooking. Some tents make Mardi Gras look like kindergarten:eek:

here's the list.

cancersuckschicago.com = 2006 Jack Daniels
Habitual Smokers = 2006 American Royal Open
Holy Cow Cookers = HLS&R Barbecue
Jack’s Old South = Memphis in May
Four Men and a Pig = Seven Wins
Blazen BBQ = Seven Wins
Lotta Bull BBQ = Eleven Wins
Munchin Hogs at the Hilton = Seven Wins

Draw teams:

LEARN2QUE.com
Gravity Grill
155 South Bar-B-Q
Carcass Cookers
Firehouse BBQ
Joey Mac's Smoke Stax
Quau
Ulcer Acres
Porkrastinators
Smokers Wild
Albert's Ash Kick'n BBQ
Moonswiners
J Mack Cookers
Just Smoking Around
All Day Smoke
The Heat is On
Set it & Forget it BBQ Team
King's Cooking, Inc.
Tarheel Smokers
Smokin Tailgators
Rib Wurx
Midnight Smoker
BS Pitmeister
Smoky Mountain Smokers
Late Night Whiskey Smokers
Guzzlin' Gourmets
Smok'n Joe's Too
Home on the Range
Cider House BBQ
Pappy's
Ellas BBQ
Parrothead Smokers
Gordon's Backyard BBQ
North Coast BBQ Society

Congratulations to all the teams!

Ditto......

That is not the complete list. It is missing the automatics from the 'one cookoff' states.

Jay is correct. Here is an updated list from the CBBQA site...

AUTOMATICS:

cancersuckschicago.com - 2006 Jack Daniels
Habitual Smokers - 2006 American Royal Open
Holy Cow Cookers - HLS and R Barbecue
Jack’s Old South - Memphis in May
Four Men and a Pig - Seven Wins
Blazen BBQ - Seven Wins
Lotta Bull BBQ - Eleven Wins
Munchin Hogs at the Hilton - Seven Wins

Draw teams:

AL - LEARN2QUE.com
AR - Gravity Grill
CA - 155 South Bar-B-Q
NM - Carcass Cookers
FL - Firehouse BBQ
IA - Joey Mac's Smoke Stax
IL - Quau
KY - Ulcer Acres
WI - Porkrastinators
CO - Smokers Wild
KS - Albert's Ash Kick'n BBQ
IN - Moonswiners
IA - J Mack Cookers
MD - Just Smoking Around
MI - All Day Smoke
MN - The Heat is On
MO - Set it and Forget it BBQ Team
NC - King's Cooking, Inc.
VA - Tarheel Smokers
NE - Smokin Tailgators
OK - Rib Wurx
PA - Midnight Smoker
SC - BS Pitmeister
GA - Smoky Mountain Smokers
MS - Late Night Whiskey Smokers
LA - Guzzlin' Gourmets
TX - Smok'n Joe's Too
OR - Home on the Range
WA - Cider House BBQ
WILD CARD - Pappy's

Home State Reps:

Ellas BBQ
Parrothead Smokers
Gordon's Backyard BBQ
North Coast BBQ Society

Head Country II - 10th year qualifier
Smokin’ Triggers - 10th year qualifier

Bob-O’s Que - AZ State winner
Lunchmeat - DE State winner
I Smell Smoke - MA and ME State winner
Grub Rustlers - MT State winner
Que Ball BBQ - NH State winner
Philly Pigs - NJ State winner
QN4U - NV State winner
Ribs and Bibs - OH State winner
Smokin Clones - SD State winner
Otis and the Bird - UT State winner
Cool Smoke - VT State winner
Pellet Envy - WY State winner
Dizzy Pig - WV State winner
IQUE - CT State winner
The Purple Turtle Catering - NY State winner

Jay is correct. Here is an updated list from the CBBQA site...

AUTOMATICS:

cancersuckschicago.com - 2006 Jack Daniels
Habitual Smokers - 2006 American Royal Open
Holy Cow Cookers - HLS and R Barbecue
Jack’s Old South - Memphis in May
Four Men and a Pig - Seven Wins
Blazen BBQ - Seven Wins
Lotta Bull BBQ - Eleven Wins
Munchin Hogs at the Hilton - Seven Wins

Draw teams:

AL - LEARN2QUE.com
AR - Gravity Grill
CA - 155 South Bar-B-Q
NM - Carcass Cookers
FL - Firehouse BBQ
IA - Joey Mac's Smoke Stax
IL - Quau
KY - Ulcer Acres
WI - Porkrastinators
CO - Smokers Wild
KS - Albert's Ash Kick'n BBQ
IN - Moonswiners
IA - J Mack Cookers
MD - Just Smoking Around
MI - All Day Smoke
MN - The Heat is On
MO - Set it and Forget it BBQ Team
NC - King's Cooking, Inc.
VA - Tarheel Smokers
NE - Smokin Tailgators
OK - Rib Wurx
PA - Midnight Smoker
SC - BS Pitmeister
GA - Smoky Mountain Smokers
MS - Late Night Whiskey Smokers
LA - Guzzlin' Gourmets
TX - Smok'n Joe's Too
OR - Home on the Range
WA - Cider House BBQ
WILD CARD - Pappy's

Home State Reps:

Ellas BBQ
Parrothead Smokers
Gordon's Backyard BBQ
North Coast BBQ Society

Head Country II - 10th year qualifier
Smokin’ Triggers - 10th year qualifier

Bob-O’s Que - AZ State winner
Lunchmeat - DE State winner
I Smell Smoke - MA and ME State winner
Grub Rustlers - MT State winner
Que Ball BBQ - NH State winner
Philly Pigs - NJ State winner
QN4U - NV State winner
Ribs and Bibs - OH State winner
Smokin Clones - SD State winner
Otis and the Bird - UT State winner
Cool Smoke - VT State winner
Pellet Envy - WY State winner
Dizzy Pig - WV State winner
IQUE - CT State winner
The Purple Turtle Catering - NY State winner

Still trying to figure out how this all works...being a new team I'm hoping somone will take pity on me one of these days at a comp and splain it all too me....don't mean to sound like an idiot, but is there a place were one could go to explain the Jack draw??

Still trying to figure out how this all works...explain the Jack draw??

Here you go....

19th Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue
Draw for “The Jack”
Because “The Jack” is a promotion for the Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey brand, we want to have every state that has a qualifying contest or every state that has a “Grand Champion” residing in that state to be included in our competition.
The final list of teams begins with:
  1. Grand Champions of the following competitions:
    • 18th Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue
    • 2006 American Royal Open Competition
    • 2007 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Barbecue
    • 2007 Memphis in May Championship and
  1. Teams winning a competition that is the only qualifier in a state.
Next:
  1. For the remaining states that have more than one qualifying contest, team names will go into state draws one time for every contest they have won in each state – i.e. two wins in Tennessee will get your name in the Tennessee draw two times. (State draws will be conducted randomly.)
  1. If any team is the only “Grand Champion” from its home state and it has not been selected via a state draw, that team will be invited to represent its state. Home state is determined by the address of the chief cook.
  1. If there are numerous Grand Champions from any state and none of their names have been drawn, all Grand Champions from that state will go into a draw to determine who represents their home state.
  1. After all draws are completed, remaining teams will have one last chance in our “Wild Card” draw. Each team’s name will be placed in the “wild card” draw one time and one last team will be invited.)
NOTE: As the draw progresses from state to state, additional teams may make the list by “default.” For example: If TN has seven teams in its draw, GA has three, VT has two, and CA has four, and Team A has wins in all four states and its name is pulled in the TN draw, the team whose name remains in the draw for VT would, by “default,” represent VT. Clear as mud? Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Can someone explain this one? The info Chris posted says the "2007 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Barbecue Grand Champion" is an automatic. According to information posted previously that is Holy Cow Cookers, but according to the Houston contest web site the GC for 2007 was Hot Knots Cooking Team. Why is Hot Knots not in the Jack?
From the Houston web site;
Grand Champion Overall
Team Name: Hot Knots Cooking Team
see http://www.hlsr.com/et/bbqc/bbqc_results.aspx

Here you go....

19th Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue

Draw for “The Jack”

Because “The Jack” is a promotion for the Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey brand, we want to have every state that has a qualifying contest or every state that has a “Grand Champion” residing in that state to be included in our competition.

The final list of teams begins with:

1. Grand Champions of the following competitions:
    • 18th Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue
    • 2006 American Royal Open Competition
    • 2007 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Barbecue
    • 2007 Memphis in May Championship and
  1. Teams winning a competition that is the only qualifier in a state.
Next:
  1. For the remaining states that have more than one qualifying contest, team names will go into state draws one time for every contest they have won in each state – i.e. two wins in Tennessee will get your name in the Tennessee draw two times. (State draws will be conducted randomly.)
  1. If any team is the only “Grand Champion” from its home state and it has not been selected via a state draw, that team will be invited to represent its state. Home state is determined by the address of the chief cook.
  1. If there are numerous Grand Champions from any state and none of their names have been drawn, all Grand Champions from that state will go into a draw to determine who represents their home state.
  1. After all draws are completed, remaining teams will have one last chance in our “Wild Card” draw. Each team’s name will be placed in the “wild card” draw one time and one last team will be invited.)
NOTE: As the draw progresses from state to state, additional teams may make the list by “default.” For example: If TN has seven teams in its draw, GA has three, VT has two, and CA has four, and Team A has wins in all four states and its name is pulled in the TN draw, the team whose name remains in the draw for VT would, by “default,” represent VT. Clear as mud? Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Thank you much Chris:wink:

All of a sudden, the Little League World Series comment doesn't make sense. The home state winners do not sound like they are necessarily from Tennessee like I had read into it. Sounds like if an out of stater won that states lottery pick, the state it self gets another pick from a home state chief cook if they were entered. - Is that right?

In '05 we were a 'home state rep'. We won a contest in Fairfield, Ca. Our home state is Arizona. We were the ONLY team from Arizona to win a GC anywhere that year. Therefore we were in and then were removed from the Jack draw in California.

Back