I've joined the stick burning ranks

Congrats!
I love my meadow creek. And yes, they paint the inside of the pig roasters and the chicken cookers but still wonderful units.

Put it to good use.

IMAG1834_zps90a6c004.jpg

Always remember, hang onto that pallet. Never know when you need it as a ramp to get your 400 lb cooker from deck level down to yard level. Glad the driver didn't want it when I asked him to remove it!

Perfect sense 1st time

Your OP AtlGator was perfectly clear "175 shipping plus the regular cost of the thing".

Once upon a time-or as they say in Texas "you ain't gonna believe this chit" I was looking at a Cabelas magazine and there advertised was Zeiss Classic 10X40 binoculars for 79.99. I had consumed a few beers, dialed and ordered them. My credi card bill arrived 799.99. Just a few decimals off of my alcohol fogged brain.

I enjoyed the jaw dropping responses, wonder what they're drinking tonight ???

Your OP AtlGator was perfectly clear "175 shipping plus the regular cost of the thing".

Once upon a time-or as they say in Texas "you ain't gonna believe this chit" I was looking at a Cabelas magazine and there advertised was Zeiss Classic 10X40 binoculars for 79.99. I had consumed a few beers, dialed and ordered them. My credi card bill arrived 799.99. Just a few decimals off of my alcohol fogged brain.

I enjoyed the jaw dropping responses, wonder what they're drinking tonight ???

Pretty sure there was an edit to the OP to add the "plus the regular cost" part.

My bad. That's what I get for drinking ice tea on a Friday night.

I have stick burning for a year now (Thanks in part to the GREAT BRETHREN on here).....It is my favorite part of the weekend....! CONGRATS!!!!!!

Clear heat around 35 minutes after lighting my fire. Bed of chimney's worth of lit coals and and two mini logs of oak. 12 lb trimmed packer on the grate.

Life don't suck, Brethren.

IMAG1839_zps9cbcaaa0.jpg

If it made people sick, as many as they have sold there would be a class action suit by now. It doesn't get over 400 in there most any time.

This model looks like part of their cooker series (but with an offset firebox). So the vessel may be pre-painted as part of manufacturing efficiencies but then sent to the side of the line for welding to the firebox. Who knows...just guessing. They've been in business since 1980 or so. Googling SQ36, no ill threads come up...

Nice looking smoker. ENJOY...

If you have a chainsaw your in business, if not they make a great present
for yourself. Plenty of free wood to be had.

There are a lot of cookers/smokers sold that have paint on the inside. My old Bandera with upright smoke box came painted on the inside. Look at 95% of the charcoal smokers sold by Home Depot and Loews, and they are painted black on the inside. Not a real problem in my mind. I am sure I inhale more toxins and baddies every day in normal breathing than I would get from a smoker that is painted on the inside with high temp paint.

I would not hesitate to eat anything you would smoke with that smoker. (unless it was brockley :mmph:)

Blessings,
Omar

First cook - brisket

First cook on the Meadow Creek SQ 36. Had a ton of fun tending the fire. Not a set it and forget it model - and it never promised that. It did promise amazing food in the right hands, and it didn't disappoint. Oak-fired brisket.

[ame]http://youtu.be/PyBHB5GZS8A[/ame]

Sorry I poked it so much... But wanted to show what was possible without foils, butcher papers, nuthin'. Just salt, pepper, paprika, and foiled at about 197 and probe tender, to rest.

IMAG1847_zps1b9f0730.jpg

Can't wait to try ribs on this beast.

Back