It's turkey time!! Let's share menu ideas

Jeremiah

is one Smokin' Farker
I don't know about you guys, but Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year, for sure. I know this might be a bit early for this type of thread, but given the excitement I contain I could not stop myself from going forward with this.

This year I'm planning on doing a brine for the turkey, but have not fully worked out my plan of attack. Once I make up my mind I'll post the full recipe I plan on using with all the details.

Along with the turkey I'm currently undecided whether or not to go with a Ham or Prime Rib. I'll probably do both the turkey and the additional item each on their own WSM, and the rest of what I can pull off on the kettle.

I want to have tons of food leading up to the main course, I have a habit of serving a bit later than the schedule had originally dictated :biggrin:. Why fight it? Embrace the extra time!

For appetizers I'm thinking (cold) smoked trout, various smoked sausages, plenty of different cheeses, some type of liver (probably chicken), pork belly (still on the fence of how I'm going to prepare), and maybe another seafood item prepared to stand up to the colder weather, perhaps a lobster or crab pastry (think hearty).

Along with the main meal there will be the traditional sides: sweet potatoes, either mashed or twice baked potatoes, maybe a Gratin (hey it's still early, I have plenty of time to work all this out), asparagus, maple'd carrots, a corn medley of some sort, and creamed spinach. A lot of this will be dictated on what quality items I can get my hands on.

For dessert I'm looking to do an apple and pecan pie (together in the same pie) and my favorite, pumpkin pie.

Can't forget the beer and wine, much will be needed for the preparation of the above, I might even put some in the food. Been a big fan of Dogfish Head lately, especially their 90 minute IPA.

Here's a turkey I did with a rotisserie on my Kettle for Thanksgiving in 2005:

turkey1.jpg

turkey3.jpg

turkey4.jpg

turkey5.jpg

Im thinking a Bagna Cauda dipping sauce and fresh veggies and fresh baked bread for dipping as well to my menu.

Dont forget the deviled eggs as well.

I know you are in New York but I can drive pretty fast for a meal like that. What time is this shindig on? LOL. Sounds absolutely awsome...your friends and family are in for a real treat!

Back