It's not about Me. but We

I just got here, but have leaned a lot from all the brethren. I've had more good Q this summer than ever. I also tried to pass on what I learned, loaned my Mini to the sil last week, so he could do his first Butt.

After a couple years here I'm still amazed at how often and how consistently I learn something cool, laugh my arse off, and see genuine kindness. :thumb:

I couldn't agree more my fellow Brethren! I'm still a fledgling in this BBQ world but I can honestly say EVERYTHING I've learned has come from this forum. Now as a CBJ and attending a few comps the most common ground I have found between everyone involved (Competitors, Reps, Judges, Organizers, Sponsors, etc...) is the Brethren. How cool is that!!!

This is the only site that I have ever paid to be a subscriber to; and it's worth it :-D

This place is really like no other. When I joined, I thought that I could make some decent Q. I was wrong.
My cooking has improved a tremendous amount in the 2.5 years I have been a member. I am now competing and doing some catering. That's leaps and bounds ahead of where I used to be.
Not to mention the great folks around here. I have made friendships on this forum that will probably last a lifetime. Everyone here is willing to help out - no matter if you are just starting out, a seasoned vet, color, race, ethnicity, political views - NONE of it matters. Everyone helps Everyone. Honestly, America could take a lesson on how to treat people based off of this forum.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU ALL. Well, everyone except Deguerre. :p

agreed. not on the reach around tho! im considering competing in the ohio triple crown next yr...and i have confidence there our brethern on here that will help me out when questions come up. ive never competed or even been to a competition...but the knowledge and the willingness to share info is second to none on here.

Phil deserves a lot of credit for how this place has evolved.

And I'm not brown-nosing either. The longer I'm here and see things, the more I see a guy who had an amazing vision that has carried through even to today, with no sign of slowing down. No other site has matched that vision.

Well I must chime in here. I've only been around this site for a few months, and I gotta say it is downright addictive! Likely due to all of the sentiments presented in the posts. A big hi five from me to you all, because it truly is an amazing site with amazing folks. Really looking forward to meeting some of you some day, just to "enhance" the journey if you will.

Back