THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H

helljack6

Hey ya'll!!!! It's been a while since I was last here and thought i'd c'mon back now that the weather's rocking for the cooking. Since i was last here I've built a fleet of UDS smokers (I think i'm up to 12 that I personally own now, kinda looks like i'm running a mineral refinement factory in my back yard).

Anyways glad to be back so without making you wait here's what's one the menu:

9.3lb shoulder butt was rubbed with Fat Boy Premium and put on the smoker at 9:30pm last night and pulled at 4am this morning with a bit of finishing to 200 in the oven (needed to let the smoker shut down and cool off a bit before refiring with the brisket). It's resting now wrapped in a towel in a cooler.

13.2lb packer brisket was loaded at 7:30-8am this morning after sitting in the fridge over night with Fat Boy. She's sitting around 170 degrees on a hot and fast smoke with a slight modification to the tri-layer rub.

Last but not least is a 2lb Jimmy Dean Fattie wrapped around 3 different cheeses, japs and red bell peppers, sprinkled with some Emril's Essence and just a tad bit of coarse Kosher Salt on the outside. Enjoy!!! Pictures are constantly being updated through cook process.

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z56/helljack6/UDS Cook 3-26-2010/

Hey ya'll!!!! It's been a while since I was last here and thought i'd c'mon back now that the weather's rocking for the cooking. Since i was last here I've built a fleet of UDS smokers (I think i'm up to 12 that I personally own now, kinda looks like i'm running a mineral refinement factory in my back yard).

Anyways glad to be back so without making you wait here's what's one the menu:

9.3lb shoulder butt was rubbed with Fat Boy Premium and put on the smoker at 9:30pm last night and pulled at 4am this morning with a bit of finishing to 200 in the oven (needed to let the smoker shut down and cool off a bit before refiring with the brisket). It's resting now wrapped in a towel in a cooler.

13.2lb packer brisket was loaded at 7:30-8am this morning after sitting in the fridge over night with Fat Boy. She's sitting around 170 degrees on a hot and fast smoke with a slight modification to the tri-layer rub.

Last but not least is a 2lb Jimmy Dean Fattie wrapped around 3 different cheeses, japs and red bell peppers, sprinkled with some Emril's Essence and just a tad bit of coarse Kosher Salt on the outside. Enjoy!!! Pictures are constantly being updated through cook process.

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z56/helljack6/UDS%20Cook%203-26-2010/

Hey,

Your technique looks amazing. No wonder no one has posted as of this, they're probably all jealous as he!!.

Why do you need so many UDS's? Are they practical... or an addiction?

My wife would KILL me if I added even 1.

Hey,

Your technique looks amazing. No wonder no one has posted as of this, they're probably all jealous as he!!.

Why do you need so many UDS's? Are they practical... or an addiction?

My wife would KILL me if I added even 1.

There's nothing special about my technique, just things i've picked up from the veterans here and on various other sites. Why so many UDS? So i can RULE THE WORLD!!!!MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously tho, I like them, they're dang efficient and each one can cook low and slow or hot and fast as I need, and well....you know how the saying goes, he who has the most toys, WINS!!!! LMAO!!!!!

There's nothing special about my technique, just things i've picked up from the veterans here and on various other sites. Why so many UDS? So i can RULE THE WORLD!!!!MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously tho, I like them, they're dang efficient and each one can cook low and slow or hot and fast as I need, and well....you know how the saying goes, he who has the most toys, WINS!!!! LMAO!!!!!

You're an evil man, HJ... but a great cook!

I agree, I read all of the brother's posts, and it's helped me greatly too. More please, brothers in smoke.

As to the most toys, you're preaching to the choir... may not have a lot of grills/smokers (only 2, gettin another today, a Weber knock-off), but I have a collection of musical instruments that would knock your socks off.

Back