Its a street cleaning gully washer in Ventura today

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Jackie and Sadie are still in Baja well be back when the rain stops, its a holiday so there is no work and its raining
DSC_0001-131.jpg

DSC_0003-117.jpg

Looks like the grid holder is filling up with water
DSC_0005-89.jpg

DSC_0004-100.jpg

Since its to wet to cook on the Egg I decided to cook some meatballs and sauce. Jackie's other daughter Laura and her girlfriend are coming over for dinner
DSC_0006-83.jpg

Sauce has to cook at a simmer for the next 6-hrs

Recipe:
SAUCE AND MEATBALLS
Recipe:
2-28oz. cans crushed tomatoes
2-cans tomato paste
1/4C olive oil
Garlic
oregano
salt
sugar
Heat oil past and stir for 2-min. Add tomatoes and spices lower heat and simmer until its thick
Meatballs:
1-lb. ground round
1-egg
3/4C bread crumbs
1/4C Ramano cheese
salt
pepper
parsley
1/4C live oil
Heat oil shape meatballs and fry browning on all sides, add to tomato sauce
I got to take care of the Egg

Thanks for looking

Ross

looks nice. add those meatball drippins and the fallen yum yums to your olive oil (except maybe now a little less olive oil) to start your sauce base.

also set nets up in the gutter outside to catch any drifting animals for when the egg dries out :wink:

I'm smoking in the rain!

This socal storm can't scare me away from smoking some pork butt on the drum!

Attachments

• ugly drum.jpg
    ugly drum.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 184
  • cruising.jpg
    cruising.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 185
  • butt 3 hrs in.jpg
    butt 3 hrs in.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 185
Great looking balls, Ross. I like your Egg cart. You just need to buy a 10 X 10 pop-up tent and rain will not effect your Q.

Nice looking cooking Ross. BTW, you can do something to stop the eastward progression of your weather. Those storms you are getting are ending up here, ALL WEEK LONG according to the weatherpeople...

Ross,could you not make a cover-roof that would fit into the two poles in the back and hang over the egg so you could cook in the rain!!!!!

looks nice. add those meatball drippins and the fallen yum yums to your olive oil (except maybe now a little less olive oil) to start your sauce base.

also set nets up in the gutter outside to catch any drifting animals for when the egg dries out :wink:
Thanks KT
Ross

This socal storm can't scare me away from smoking some pork butt on the drum!
Nice looking butt there SBD25

Ross

Great looking balls, Ross. I like your Egg cart. You just need to buy a 10 X 10 pop-up tent and rain will not effect your Q.
It dose not rain that much Michael I would have to lag bolt through the patio

Ross
Nice looking cooking Ross. BTW, you can do something to stop the eastward progression of your weather. Those storms you are getting are ending up here, ALL WEEK LONG according to the weatherpeople...
Yes Bo, you get them 24-hrs after we do, I remember when is was working On the Young Riders TV series in Tucson in the 1990-1993 thats the way it went, there is a lull now more on the way

Ross

Thanks for the recipe Ross...I've been looking for a good marinara sauce and will give this one a try...thanks again!

Glad to hear you didn't float away in round 1! Batten down the hatches for the rest of the week.

We got just under 2 inches here, bet you got quite a bit more.

We measured .9 inches in my backyard.

Not too bad, but looks like the inland areas have been hit harder. Best part is, this is gonna continue all week just saturating the ground. Then on Thursday, WHAM!

Stay safe everyone!

I froze a bunch of 2 liter soda bottles yesterday just in case the power goes out, I'm not losing my frozen meat stash in this storm!

Wow Ross, hope you don't float away! The food looks awesome.

i live in the ca cent valley. we really had a good slow steady rain which is what is ideal. but today some thunderstorms came through north of us around the fresno area so we had some very high winds. after that we had sun for several hours. kind of exciting from our normal boring weather

Back