THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boogiesnap

Babbling Farker
For competition BBQ what would choose?
A built out 6x10 trailer or a camper trailer?
Say 10,000 dollar budget.

Sorry, I'm getting bored. No power for the 5th day. Could be worse though so I am not gonna complain.

I used a 6x10 with a rooftop a/c the past 2 years. It worked great. I just upgraded to an 06 Hobbi 200 toy hauler. Now it's multipurpose for the family.

Toyhauler is a great option.

But I wasn't thinking storagewise, I was more thinking creature comfort or dedicated to cooking food. 3 bay sink, electric holding tower, etc. Etc.

If you're looking for a three bay sink, etc, plus some comfort, look an Extreme BBQ Trailer. James has a living quarters option.

We love our toy hauler, however. It has a bed up front for Parsley Lady, a head and shower, a couch in back for me, and a place to put up a prep table, plus a kitchen area.

We have a Extreme trailer and love it for vending. That is what our trailer is set up for so there isn't much comfort.

If I were doing just competitions and a $10,000 budget, go with toy hauler. I am actually looking for one when we are just competing and not vending. After hanging out with some bbq friends seeing the comfort of a house on wheels, I am jeleous.

I have a small (20'OA) toy hauler. Bought it used, 3 years old. Have an FEC100, a Louisiana TG and a UDS. Total invested about $13,000.

Thanks everyone. Good thoughts.

Ron, I think an extreme is beyond 10k. Or that is for sure the route I would take.

Tyler, that's sound advice. If competing be comfy, if selling, be business.

Thanks again.

Back