THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always start at the bottom that way the fall don't hurt

I almost hate to admit it, but thats the exact smoker that got Me into BBQ! :mrgreen:
I allways liked eating BBQ and wanted to learn to cook it Myself. I saw an ECB on the shelf at the store for CHEAP and figured I'd give it a shot.

It didnt take long to figure out that it was junk.
I gave it away and got a Cookshack electric smoker.
Then I bought a cheap off set to go with it.
Then I sold the Cookshack and bought a BDS.
Then I gave the offset to a neighbor and got a BGE.

So now, 5 years later, I have a BGE and a drum.
And I owe it all to an ECB :lol:

Me too that was my first smoker..
worked real hard to maintain Ideal
temp.. never thought of using a thermometer :redface:
Great starter for the right price the wife paid
Twenty U.S. Dollars for mine used only once.. :icon_blush:
I made some great BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! on mine :biggrin:

I too got started on the ECB... Did my first butt on it and I was hooked.
Made a few mods and continued searching for a better way.
While searching, I stumbled across this site and discovered the UDS thread and my poor ECB sits and watches now. He does sit by quietly and is always willing to lend a hand by taking off his lid so I have a place to put my Drums Weber lid when I'm turning meat or such...

I got my ECB in the yard, less than a year old. I did some mods and got it controled pretty well, but then, oh then, came the UDS...never smoked (I did grill with it though) again...but I wont throw her out.

Somewhere, in the dark corner of my garage, lurks my old red Marlboro miles ECB. I tried cooking on it once & went for the 110 volt mod :rolleyes:. I used it for awhile, then bought the BSKD. Now the Brinkman is gone (sniff) and the ECB sits in the dark.

I had one of those for a couple of weeks, gave it to my brother in law about a year and a half ago, he still hasn't used it and while this normally would inferiorate me with that smoker I don't really care.

Jack, do you remember when I had one of those when I lived in that condo on Neil Rd in Reno? You used to love that thing back then when I made jerky on it! Let's see what was that, about fifteen years ago? Maybe more... Oh, how the times have changed, eh? Like others here have said, if that's what you got, you'll find a way to make it work. With a little effort you can put out some good Q on that thing. Maybe you just better come visit the old man for some more schoolin':wink::wink::wink: Bring the new kid with you...

yup.. my first smoker was similar.. the Brinkman 5 in 1.

I learned how to ruin good meat in that smoker.

I went to my folks for Christmas this afternoon, and lo and behold, my uncle had brought a "WSM" his neighbor had given him, and he gave to me. I was pumped!

Except, of course, it wasn't a WSM.
It was a chrbroil version of the ECB. Nearly new.
I may give it w whirl, and see how it works. Then we'll see.

My gut says I would really like to find a Brethren in need, or who has a friend/relative that would like to get started in Q. PM me if you or someone you know is in need.

Back