THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STLBBQer

is one Smokin' Farker
…it’s how you use it. :-D

HUMID day yesterday here in NC with heat index at 108. My wonderful wife surprised me with a membership to the Steak of the Month Club from our local butcher back on Father’s Day. Redeemed my first month, a marinated 24 oz flank steak for carne asada.

Since I was only grilling the steak, felt like the WSK was overkill. Definitely wanted a HOT grill so I could get a nice sear without completely overcooking the inside of a flank steak. What to do, what to do? Enter my trusty little WGA! Worked perfectly, and was really happy with the results. The small size of the WGA with a block of pecan seemed to concentrate the smoke flavors. I don’t honestly think the WSK would’ve turned out any better product. Sometimes it really just is about smoke and fire. :wink:

Attachments

I love my WGA.
Steak of the month club sounds like fun.
Give your wife a hug.
You both done good on this one.

I might have dropped some heavy hints… :wink:

I love our local shop anyway, but this is really cool to get a different cut every month to plan a meal around.

Back