THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From someone from Primo at kamadoguru.com,

"Do not use a stone or brush on the procelain grates. We have a new Grate Cleaning Bar that works very well. I tend to clean mine after cooking so they are clean the next time."
https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/21153-how-do-you-clean-primos-porcelain-grates/

Looks like this, I've used something similar on my kettle grate, it does the job but is slow.

31FxOeoWcDL.jpg
I bought one of those from BGE.Like you say,it works but is slow.I think BGE called it a buddy bar or something like that.

I still use a wire brush but mostly scrape with the metal blade side. I have a feeling most incidents are folks scraping hot grills and glue or plastic getting soft and freeing bristles. that and they over do it.

I hit mine with the weedburner for a few minutes until everything is "toasted".I scrape it with the"Billy Bar",then spray it down with cooking spray.Sometimes,I just cook on it,crud and all.:wink:

I hit mine with the weedburner for a few minutes until everything is "toasted".I scrape it with the"Billy Bar",then spray it down with cooking spray.Sometimes,I just cook on it,crud and all.:wink:

Agree on cooking with crud. Cleaning mine may change everything

Last edited:
I’ve been havin the same problem with aluminum foil. Wonder if thry’ve changed the make-up so it’s less durable?

I think I’m going to try the billy bar, but the prospect of cleaning one rod at a time is rather daunting . . . .

I’ve been havin the same problem with aluminum foil. Wonder if thry’ve changed the make-up so it’s less durable?

I think I’m going to try the billy bar, but the prospect of cleaning one rod at a time is rather daunting . . . .

If you got 12 hours to smoke meat, you got 12 remaining hours to clean the grate :laugh:

That's the stainless steel scouring ball I mentioned, with a handle.

I like it so far, I bought one at the local grocery store for $5. I like to clean my stainless grates hot, and dip the brush in water to "steam clean" while I rub them down. The handle is a must have for me.

I like it so far, I bought one at the local grocery store for $5. I like to clean my stainless grates hot, and dip the brush in water to "steam clean" while I rub them down. The handle is a must have for me.
I just use tongs or pliers to hold it.

Back