is this smoker worth purchasing??

the WSM is local pick up only and in KY. It is cheap though...real cheap.

I always browse ebay for cookers.

the WSM is local pick up only and in KY. It is cheap though...real cheap.

I always browse ebay for cookers.

KY ain't far... especially Taylor Mill. It's just across the river pretty much

I also think there is an event in KY that might interest you coming up! haha

the current bid plus $32 shipping is getting you up close to new retail. i would go to hd, lowes, wally world etc and look around. i have a brinkman gourmet that is about the same price and it serves me pretty well. it has the water pan and 2 18 inch racks.

Had one given to me. Used it once, and gave it away. Built a UDS and love it. After shipping that might be not such a deal.

It is the same smoker as the Brinkmann (affectionately known as the El Cheapo Brinkmann or ECB), and it burns a lot of fuel, and temps will vary wildly if it is not tended to while cooking. These MOD's are needed to make it a good smoker, but the Weber is pretty much light it and walk away for a bit. I (like a lot of others) have cooked on the ECB, and while it turned out some decent que, the amount of work involved was not worth the hassle IMO. Go get that Weber, you won't regret it.

It is the same smoker as the Brinkmann (affectionately known as the El Cheapo Brinkmann or ECB), and it burns a lot of fuel, and temps will vary wildly if it is not tended to while cooking. These MOD's are needed to make it a good smoker, but the Weber is pretty much light it and walk away for a bit. I (like a lot of others) have cooked on the ECB, and while it turned out some decent que, the amount of work involved was not worth the hassle IMO. Go get that Weber, you won't regret it.

exactly...and if you want a ECB...walmart and kmart have them for under $35

Back