THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One of the things I did in the rain when I cooked on only WSMs...

Put them under a regular folding table that is on pvc leg extenders. That will keep a lot of the rain off and not hurt anything. Did it numerous times.

In really bad weather set a 55 gallon drum or similar over it, on some blocks to keep it off the ground and let air in. You'll also need to cut some exhaust holes on the sides near the top. Never got to try it but always thought it would work.

thanks again everyone.

yeah, i've run it in the rain/snow/hail, whatever.
BUT, for the comp, i need to empty it out early AM, refuel completely, and start it back up for a hot and fast morning cook.
this'll be tough in driving rain with no cover.

i'm still working on a second canopy.

now, about a flavor profile for that canary...

Put them under a regular folding table that is on pvc leg extenders. That will keep a lot of the rain off and not hurt anything. Did it numerous times.

I love multitaskers (re Alton Brown). That there is some brilliant multitasking. Thanks for sharing that idea!

Not four walls but I've rigged 3/4 walls for a camping set up. Leave about a foot open below the canopy to top of the wall takes some rigging but could be an idea to build on.

If you use a farkin electric fan in the farkin rain to move the smoke out you better have a good GFI :shocked:

I think your biggest concern might be getting a visit from this guy.

fire-marshall-bill.jpg

Sayville '08 someone burned down their tent doing that. Rumor has it adult beverages maybe have been involved. :p

thanks again everyone.

yeah, i've run it in the rain/snow/hail, whatever.
BUT, for the comp, i need to empty it out early AM, refuel completely, and start it back up for a hot and fast morning cook.
this'll be tough in driving rain with no cover.

i'm still working on a second canopy.

now, about a flavor profile for that canary...

Rain coat...:twisted: I highly recommend Kosmo's Dirty Bird on the Canary...:becky:

Back