THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've heard rumors that there is a BBQ joint somewhere in central Texas that not only serves everything without sauce; but anyone requesting sauce will be politely asked to leave.

I don't know if that's true or not, but I can believe it. Most Texans aren't big on sauce when it comes to Q. Here it's all about the meat, not the sauce.

Personally, I rarely use BBQ sauce. But I won't ask anyone to leave just for requesting some.

I always have a bottle of Stubbs Original on hand in case anyone else wants it on or with the Q.

I do agree that it can compliment the flavor of the meat, but there are way too many instances of sauce being used in an attempt to mask bad BBQ.

A request for steak sauce to put on a prime ribeye that I serve is an entirely different matter and will be dealt with accordingly.

Last edited:
Back