Is the KCBS/Restaurant Depot deal still good?

Man, glad I have my own and not the KCBS one. Plus I told them at RD to not let you other guys in.... ;)

I can get you an extra card if you need one Chris. You just can't buy all the good pork butts on me...

Scott,

You don't know me, but I think you should give me your extra card.

Man, glad I have my own and not the KCBS one. Plus I told them at RD to not let you other guys in.... ;)

I can get you an extra card if you need one Chris. You just can't buy all the good pork butts on me...
I got my own card as well..sounds like the KCBS has been a hassle from day one
KCBS should be able to add anyone on to that one membership.
I know I can but dont know if there is a limit on the amount of people that cna be added to one membership

I posted a few weeks ago in the For the Board section about my numerous problems with getting a KCBS RD card. In short, they always gave me day passes and when I pressed RD about giving me a permanent card under KCBS they wouldn't. I have my own card now, thank goodness.

But I have to chuckle a little at the people on the other thread I started that basically told me I was approaching RD the wrong way. I don't think so. I think RD was just never on board with KCBS to begin with. I hope the two parties can straighten everything out, but it's too bad that KCBS didn't do a better job communicating with members about the issue rather than simply taking down the RD link from the web site and leaving members to wonder what's going on.

But I have to chuckle a little at the people on the other thread I started that basically told me I was approaching RD the wrong way. I don't think so. I think RD was just never on board with KCBS to begin with.
To be honest, I'm not so sure who's fault the issues were caused by. First of all, I don't think that KCBS communicated the number of members that would or could be interested in a card and secondly, I think that RD assumed that they could just put us under one number. I say this because when I went last night and she checked my membership, she was surprised that I shopped 'all over the country, all the time'.

I hope the two parties can straighten everything out, but it's too bad that KCBS didn't do a better job communicating with members about the issue rather than simply taking down the RD link from the web site and leaving members to wonder what's going on.
I too hope that they can work the 'kinks' out. As for the communication, this was a MAJOR issue a number of us brought up at the banquet.

As a 'Membership Organization' they are responsible for communicating with that membership. I think that back even a couple of years ago, they could get away with a lot of crap and just have it brushed under the carpet. That is not the case now and the BOD is finding this out.

Anyone know if there is any more info about this discount or is it just gone for good?

Last I read on here is that at present time RD will give you a one day pass if you show your KCBS membership card...but many people can get that option without anything.

Best bet is to call KCBS and get the most current scoop unless one of the BOD members answers this here.

I was just there last week and got the "please see receptionist" message. So I went to the desk and received the familiar astonished look and the statement "wow - you really get around!" I explained what the deal was, and he used his terminal to reactivate my card, so when it swipes, it's just like it was before. I don't know if this constitutes the "day pass", but I received no other paperwork. I guess time will tell when I go again next week.

Per the KCBS website, this is the deal, at least for now
rdepot-coupon.jpg

Not as easy as a card, but it works.

I was just there last week and got the "please see receptionist" message. So I went to the desk and received the familiar astonished look and the statement "wow - you really get around!" I explained what the deal was, and he used his terminal to reactivate my card, so when it swipes, it's just like it was before. I don't know if this constitutes the "day pass", but I received no other paperwork. I guess time will tell when I go again next week.
I got the same 'Please See The Receptionist" while trying the one in Milwaukee. She said that we needed to present a new copy of our business licence. I told her I would pass that on...

Went to the one closer to my house and got "Please See The Receptionist", all she did was look at her screen and say 'Welcome back from your trip' and then explained that "He shops at all of our locations"... I just smiled and walked on.... LOL

Back