THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oregon I see, where is the invite to help break this bad boy in?

It really doesn't get that cold in Oregon but depending on location wind can be an issue. If the cost difference is minimal and weight isn't an issue I see no reason not too, but don't think you'd have any problems with 1/4" either.

I've got a long way to go 'til we're ready for that! Hit me up again when you start seeing some pictures of my new pit on this thread..I'm still stuck overseas for 3 more weeks so it'll be after the new year before this project is done.

Okay, in that case I would go with 1 inch plate. :becky:

OK, since everyone seems to have different oppinions about the optimum pit thickness, I decided to split the difference between 3/8 and 1/4. I called the fab shop today and put in my order to have a piece of 5/16" plate rolled to an inside diameter of 26". It will be waiting for me to get to work on it as soon as I get back from overseas. looking forward to it!

OK, since everyone seems to have different oppinions about the optimum pit thickness, I decided to split the difference between 3/8 and 1/4. I called the fab shop today and put in my order to have a piece of 5/16" plate rolled to an inside diameter of 26". It will be waiting for me to get to work on it as soon as I get back from overseas. looking forward to it!

Yeah! :clap2:

Back