Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Irving, TX Elks Comp Feb 26-27

Looks like I will have to work this weekend, So I will not be able to make it. Good luck to everyone.

Weldon

Do they allow pellet cookers at this contest????
Live in plano and might take my trailer over on friday and park it and then cook everything on saturday as the turnins are pertty late compared to KCBS.

Do they allow pellet cookers at this contest????
Live in plano and might take my trailer over on friday and park it and then cook everything on saturday as the turnins are pertty late compared to KCBS.

Pretty sure. If I recall, there was a team or two cooking with them last year.

really wish I could join you knuckleheads up in Irving but will haft to pass on it this year.

Good luck you guy's

Wasn't sure of the rules for IBCA so called and talked to Lynn today (nice Lady) and it is ok to trim meat etc., just no marinating or injection and pellets are fine.

Plan on bringing over cooking trailer on Friday AM and then coming back in late afternoon to register and pay. See yall there.

Mack
Smoke'n Ice

ps I'll be doing baby backs, chicken thighs and pork butt along with the beef clod.:icon_devil

Wasn't sure of the rules for IBCA so called and talked to Lynn today (nice Lady) and it is ok to trim meat etc., just no marinating or injection and pellets are fine.

Plan on bringing over cooking trailer on Friday AM and then coming back in late afternoon to register and pay. See yall there.

Mack
Smoke'n Ice

ps I'll be doing baby backs, chicken thighs and pork butt along with the beef clod.:icon_devil

Let us know how that works out for ya:p Best of luck, Mack:mrgreen:

Same here meats trimed I'll head over in the am then come back around noon I think not sure ??? What is the calcutta

MOFOs showed up this morning. Place is already crowed. I'll head back over about Noon.

Here now in the ezup closed in darn wind it pretty cold also bit looks to be upper 50s and sunny tomorrow

Bit cramped but over 75 teams are crammed in. Came home to sleep but will return in the AM to start cooking. Met Andy and crowd, could prove interesting. Left before calcutta as I need some sleep at my age.

Mack

Good luck all! Ty, Jorge or any of my fellow Texas brothers care to give me a crash course on ICBA? I may be competing permanently in TX soon and it doesn't look like there are many KCBS contests down yer way!

Andy, Wayne, & Jeff got:

7th in Chicken
11th in Ribs
2nd in Brisket
4th Overall

Yep them boys put out some good food. Not a bad finish for going out and buying ribs at 9:30 Saturday morning.:cool:

I turned in damn good brisket. But with this many teams and quite a few really good IBCA cooks it was a tough field.

Not bad for me to not even start cooking until 7:30 AM Saturday.

The empty bottles of Crown, Beam, various beer cans and bottles were a sign of a good time though. It was great to see Wayne and Jeff again and meet Andy in person. Hopefully I learned something set up next to them. I got to make it North this year to hang with these boys.

Good luck all! Ty, Jorge or any of my fellow Texas brothers care to give me a crash course on ICBA? I may be competing permanently in TX soon and it doesn't look like there are many KCBS contests down yer way!

Might want to ask Jeff, Wayne and Andy since they kicked our butts.

It's alot more laid back and simple. Chicken half or 2 if there are alot of teams. Spares only and brisket. Turn-in times this comp were 1:00, 2:30 & 4:00, so plenty of time.

Back