Irish food for festivals?

Dude, I found a recipe for Irish lamb stew, then used Guinness instead of the water they called for. Oh, and I lightly smoked the lamb before cooking it in the skillet. It was great. If I do say so myself. :)

Pffft...what do you know about British food? :biggrin:
Nothing except for it's bland and people don't venture far from the norm of , Curry, chips,burgers and a roast dinner on Sunday.lol

Oh and remember if you ever call an Irish man British they spin really fast in little circles and mumble loudly. :lol:

Bangers and mash sounds good. How about a Mulligan stew with a fattie. Maybe some lamb chops. Instead of making a Jack Danials BBQ sauce you can use Jamesons :biggrin:

mick

Thanks for all the great ideas guys. I decided to go with an Irish stew that uses guinness as a marinade for the meat and served with a potato bread roll. I am also going to add some guinness to the bbq sauce I serve.
I liked the scotch egg idea but when I did a sample run I found them to be too much trouble to do on a large scale. I am also thinking about adding an Irish mixed grill to my menu : roasted veggies, and meat.
If I get a chance I will post some pics of the final products.

Thanks for all the great ideas guys. I decided to go with an Irish stew that uses guinness as a marinade for the meat and served with a potato bread roll. I am also going to add some guinness to the bbq sauce I serve.
I liked the scotch egg idea but when I did a sample run I found them to be too much trouble to do on a large scale. I am also thinking about adding an Irish mixed grill to my menu : roasted veggies, and meat.
If I get a chance I will post some pics of the final products.

That all sounds sooooo yummy, especially the stew!

We vended at a Celtic Festival once and they asked us to sell smoked turkey legs so people could walk around and carry them while eating.
Those went over okay, but the spare ribs were even more popular.

A friend of mine supplies the RennFest here with turkey legs.. last year, he did 35,000 turkey legs!

Back