Iowa Team of the Year - congrats

Thanks everyone, and congrats to all the Brethren who made the list. This has been a summer I will never forget!

Perhaps the most surprising thing of this season has been seeing my wife get really in to it, and several of my family members for that matter. Perhaps the greatest thing of this season, greater than any success the team had, was meeting and getting to know some amazing people--both Brethren and non-Brethren--people that I can now call friends. All because of this awesome medium we call barbeque!

(Sorry I got a little sappy there, but sometimes I just can't help myself):icon_blush:

my homestate judges don't like my stuff:icon_blush: I've got a top 40 in the country Brisket ranking but can't even sniff the top 5 in the Iowa rankings:twisted::mrgreen:

But Joe, even though they are technically your homestate, I doubt your typical Iowa judge prefers pureed pickled herring and lutefisk as their bbq sauce.:lol::twisted::wink::icon_sick

Congrats all!!!

Come on over to Illinois boys. We don't get too many from Iowa over here besides Clone, Shad and Big Moe. We'll be seeing Joe and Ryan this weekend though...

Congrats all!!!

Come on over to Illinois boys. We don't get too many from Iowa over here besides Clone, Shad and Big Moe. We'll be seeing Joe and Ryan this weekend though...
We're coming next year for Shannon. What else do you recommend over there Scottie?

Congrats to all the boys who made the list! Big ups to Ryan and Terry!!

Congrats to Big T'z!!! Congratulations on a great year. I only met you guys once but you seem like rock solid down to earth people. It's great when good things happen to nice people.

Lots of room to north...looking forward to seeing a few more Iowan's and Brethren in 2010!

Oh and the real key to scoring in brisket in Mn is to present it on a bed of Lefsa :)

Congrats to all the Iowaegions, a great showing by some classy people.
Hope to be a little more active next year.
ModelMaker

Back