injection marinade for beef brisket

I'm also against the injection. Unless she really, really wants its and is begging for it!!:twisted: Oh wait, were talking Q here.

Brisket on it's own has more than enough beefy flavor. Go with a simple rub. I've done small briskets, butts, and even picnics on the kettle with great results, but I've had to go with higher temps cause I found it difficult to keep the kettle that low for that long a cook. Only one thing, you will need to bank the coals on one side and maybe use some bricks to keep them banked and to provide a bit of a heat shield. You will also need to check the meat every hour or so and possible rotate it. The kettle puts the meat a lot closer to the heat and you can easily dry out or burn one side really quick. Someone mentioned Claudes. It is a good marinade, but I maybe wrong, it may contain liquid smoke. Claudes is a favorite around here when people make brisket in the oven to then serve as pulled beef. I like the flavor, but a little goes a LONG way. It will make for a liquidy smoke flavor.
One more thing with the kettle. Since the coals are banked, you will a good deal of ash build up on the vents right under the fire. You will need to shake those out quite often too or the temps can drop to below 225 right away and will choke itself out.
Good luck.

Also use a catch pan under the brisket.........all that dripping fat will cause a flare up from hell in the kettle really quick!! You can then use the drippings later for a dipping sauce, glaze, or just drink it right outta the pan.

WOODPILE!!!!

I've tried it both ways and like brisket better without injection - Best way is to try both ways and see what YOU like best.

I'm also against the injection. Unless she really, really wants its and is begging for it!!:twisted: Oh wait, were talking Q here.

Brisket on it's own has more than enough beefy flavor. Go with a simple rub. I've done small briskets, butts, and even picnics on the kettle with great results, but I've had to go with higher temps cause I found it difficult to keep the kettle that low for that long a cook. Only one thing, you will need to bank the coals on one side and maybe use some bricks to keep them banked and to provide a bit of a heat shield. You will also need to check the meat every hour or so and possible rotate it. The kettle puts the meat a lot closer to the heat and you can easily dry out or burn one side really quick. Someone mentioned Claudes. It is a good marinade, but I maybe wrong, it may contain liquid smoke. Claudes is a favorite around here when people make brisket in the oven to then serve as pulled beef. I like the flavor, but a little goes a LONG way. It will make for a liquidy smoke flavor.
One more thing with the kettle. Since the coals are banked, you will a good deal of ash build up on the vents right under the fire. You will need to shake those out quite often too or the temps can drop to below 225 right away and will choke itself out.
Good luck.

Also use a catch pan under the brisket.........all that dripping fat will cause a flare up from hell in the kettle really quick!! You can then use the drippings later for a dipping sauce, glaze, or just drink it right outta the pan.

It's out and in the cooler.Tender, juicy and tasty as hell. Details and pron tomorrow. Y'all are one rock'n bunch of muthah farkers.

I have to chime in and agree with Donnie. Get to know your brisket process before you go to experimenting with injections, bro.
Can't wait for the pron!:mrgreen:

Back