Injection ideas

BriGreentea

Knows what a fatty is.
Hello,
I saw a video on a guy injecting straight into the brisket with the plastic packaging still on. Thought that was weird at first but makes a ton of sense. I stopped injecting for two reasons: even with a bus tub would still squirt on me or walls...so then brought it outside, and I was using cheapo plastic injectors.

So I need to buy an industrial strength, large injector so I can put as much solution in it without refilling every couple of pokes with a tiny plastic one.

I haven't done this in years and have used everything from broth to orange juice to Dale's seasoning. There are some good marinades out there that have more punch but has either thick seasonings like garlic or sesame seeds (like Alegro's) and I guess could use a strainer but seems like a hassle.

Any ideas? I know there are some on the internet out there, not opposed to that. I could do a home mixture of one too, not a problem. Thanks.

It might be a good way to minimize mess if you're not much into trimming briskets, but I personally am a heavy trimmer and found that if I injected before trimming the meat it'd just all leak out while I manhandled it. I found that the key for injecting without getting spray back is to only inject a little bit into each hole, if it starts ballooning up that's too much pressure and it sends it right back out. I agree it still can be a mess and hassle though.

It might be a good way to minimize mess if you're not much into trimming briskets, but I personally am a heavy trimmer and found that if I injected before trimming the meat it'd just all leak out while I manhandled it. I found that the key for injecting without getting spray back is to only inject a little bit into each hole, if it starts ballooning up that's too much pressure and it sends it right back out. I agree it still can be a mess and hassle though.

Agree. I like to do all of the trimming prior to injection. That way, you're not flipping the meat all around and letting the injection run out.

I agree it can be a mess. Just don't the jam the injection in quickly and squirt it all over your kitchen "BBQ Pitmaster style". Inject slowly, accept a few squirting leaks, and keep the wife out of the kitchen when you do it. :-D

Last edited:
Back